Menu
Neil_1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo control for visually impaired

My father in law who’s registered blind had a box and remote control for years, he was forced to upgrade due to the box even though working fine was going out of service, the new Tivo box he’s got the remote is small and the numbers fir the channels disappear really quickly, he holds it under a magnifying machine to see the numbers but bearing in mind he’s nearly blind and 92 he takes his time so by the time he’s pressed the 2nd number the 1st number has disappeared we’ve set favourites but again sadly he can’t work them. Do virgin media do a remote control for people who are visually impaired after forcing someone to upgrade? If not why not or can you make the channel numbers stay on the screen longer, ours with SKY stay for 10 seconds

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo control for visually impaired

firstly the old remote should still work as Virgins IR codes are the same across all boxes, any large button universal remote should work with the virgin boxes

0 Kudos
Neil_1967
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for the reply, we shall try it in the morning when we go round, however you know the channel number on the TV when displayed it goes off really quick, I looked on the options on the box and can’t see how to make them display longer, is there an option for this please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil_1967,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear your father in law is having trouble with his new box.

At the moment there is no option on the box to keep the display up for a longer period of time. We're always looking for ways to make our services more accessible for our customers so I've passed your feedback on to the development team.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos