cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Hi S444may, this is not the experience we want you to have with us. 

We will send you a private message. 

Chris 

Well, since my unpleasant experience with the Virgin agent on the phone, Chris kindly arranged for an engineer to replace my downstairs V6 box. He also said he’d  “tweaked” some settings in the box outside. We are now experiencing severe pixelation on both of our V6 boxes. It’s unwatchable. Shame really, when we pay for the full package from Virgin, it’s been going on for at least a month now so I’d expect some compensation now?

Also, whilst I was at work, once again a very rude agent phoned me a few days ago and demanded to speak to my Wife regarding the complaint I’d made about the previous rude agent,  (her name appears as the account holder) I tried to explain we are joint account holders and that it was me who’d raised the complaint.

He refused to discuss it with me but promised to phone back the following day when my Wife would be present,..........he never did.

shows just  how much Virgin value their customers.

Hi S444may,

Sorry to hear that you're still having ongoing issues with our TV services.

After the technician attended how long was it before the pixalation started again?

You advised it is happening on both boxes, is this affecting one certain channel or all channels on both boxes?

Please can you make sure all the cables are secure at the back of both boxes and try a reboot? This sometimes may help with the pixalation issues.

With regards to your complaint we appreciate the frustration this issue is causing and we do understand that you want this issue resolved, unfortunately if the account is in your wife name we would only be able to discuss the complaint with the account holder.

We will be in contact again to discuss the complaint with you. If you do require an update with this you can contact us on 0345 454 1111 and we will happily look in to this further for you.

Kind regards Jodi

Hi,

it started pixelating later that evening after he’d left. It’s usually after 19:00 onwards only on certain channels, but the same channels, in both boxes. All connections have been checked numerous times and we try resetting it every day but it’s never made any difference. 
why can’t we both be account holders? It’s a bit odd in this day and age to only accept my wife as the account holder. It’s been happening now for over three weeks, possibly longer, it’s time it was sorted? 

Thanks for your reply S444may

Sounds like we need to get an engineer back out if the pixellation is still occurring. 

I have checked the signal levels on both your boxes and they do seem a little bit out of the desired range. 

Regarding the request for a joint account, sadly we are not able to do this.

The account holder can ask a 3rd party to be named on the account 

Would you like me to arrange an engineer 

Gareth_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gareth_L wrote:

The account holder can ask a 3rd party to be named on the account Gareth_L

Just on this specific point, this does work a treat and may be what the OP needs. Our setup is exactly this - the account is in Mrs japitts' name, but I've got full third party access. It has made dealing with VM so much easier over the years.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, but I have tried this many many times, Virginmedia say they’ve sorted it then next time......

same again,

Im totally fed up with it 

Yes please, it’s getting worse, every day same time, both boxes same channels.

And yes please can I be a 3rd party to our joint account please? 

Thanks for your reply S444may

It would have to be the account holder who requests a named third party, we therefore unfortunately can't take that request from you. If she could kindly get in touch with the team they can arrange that.

I would be happy to arrange an engineer for you.

I will send you a private message now so we can get that sorted

Vikki_M

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

We now have no on demand service!

it says the show is temporarily unavailable with a code 101 in the bottom right hand corner.

This is not very good.

we pay for the top package 

we get nothing like an acceptable service

we get shouted at by belligerent and rude call centre agents

We are fed up

GIVE ME A REASON NOT TO LEAVE VIRGIN