cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

I’m in south east London and mainly had sky movie channels that are affected by this any advice would be welcome

• All channels.
  • Tivo 500 GB
  • In the evenings, mostly after 20:30, sometimes earlier.

Hello Moderator. I've been looking through the posts and I see a lot from spring 2019 ( and earlier) about this issue; some pretty irritated people, including myself. Supposedly, the issue is solved, but I'm still getting pixelation on my Tivo box and can't get an engineer out to run tests on the box and the cables. I've done what I can. It happened after an engineer visit to upgrade my router and I think he did something. I'd really like VM to be more active in helping here.

So, how can VM say this is solved?

In case the earlier post isn't seen:

• All channels I watch; all the Beebs, ITVs, the 4s, Sky 1
  • tivo 500 GB
  • M26 

hey people. i usually find this issue is fixed if i go to the HD or SD version of the channel which is pixelating. Otherwise have you tried a reset on your tivo box? Let me know how you get on. Usually is a signal issue. My main box in my bedroom is fine but the one in the backroom does encounter this sometimes

Kr283
On our wavelength

Hi there, I tried everything and even had a number of engineer visits. They couldn't fix it so I had to cancel the contract and go with Sky. A shame as I had been with Virgin for over 10 years but they didn't seem that bothered about keeping my custom. Hey ho though as I'm getting a really good service and price having changed providers. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kr283,

Sorry to hear we could not fix the issue and that we have lost you as a customer, if you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Many thanks,

Zoie_P

Hi All,
It's calmed down a little recently, but still getting occasional disturbance.
Have to keep pulling HDMI cable out of back of V6 box and re-connecting it, which seems to get the box to re-sync somehow.
Best Rgds, Dave

I have Tivo, happens all the time on ITV sometimes no signal at all. mostly evening, though noticeable during other hours. Occasionally appears on BBC1 AND to a lesser degree.  My postcode is sm2, area 20.

Please fix....

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Graysy,

Welcome to forums, I hope you enjoy our community and thank you first post. I am sorry you are also experiencing a similar issue. I have tried to do some remote checks but it says your box is unreachable are you able to reboot?

Thanks,

Zoie_P

Swapped my living room V6 box with the upstairs V6 box whilst the pixelation was occurring. The fault transferred with the box to upstairs. (Downstairs was then good) I then swapped the boxes back and downstairs was pixelated agin, now upstairs was good again.

i phoned to explain this situation and requested an engineer visit to replace the faulty V6 box. A guy called Ankit then became very angry and abusive to me accusing me of not connecting the cable properly told me if I was an engineer (which I am) I could fix it myself!

he refused to set up a visit and told me he’d fixed the problem

HE HASN’T

Customer service is shocking, rude and abusive, and they don’t have a clue, I don’t  know why I bother?

Ive asked for a full transcript of my conversation with Virginmedia tonight and. I’d like to know why they treat customers like that.