cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

pixedoff
Joining in

Another here with same issues.

Getting fed up with it now, perhaps time to ditch VM

Go through all the usual rigmarole it may be fine for anything from 1 hour to 24 hrs, then all stations un watchable again, waste of time ringing fault centre.

Tivo box OL2 

Finchygirl
Tuning in

Having exactly the same issue.

Started in march and seemed to stop for a while. But has been worse again for the last few weeks.

It happens on all of the channels. And on all my recordings.

I think somebody said it's better in the mornings. I have also noticed this. Come the evening it's pixelating and jumping every 2-3 seconds. Making it incredibly hard to watch.

Paying for a service, that's not cheap may I add, that's substandard.

And after reading this thread, doesn't sound like there's much hope of it being rectified any time soon!!

No Channels at all now, ran online test, waited 10 mins, and waited and waited. 

It isn't even a joke anymore. 

Sorry to hear that you're all having some issues with the TV pixelating, this isn't what we like to hear. 

Have you spoken to the team about this at all? What has been advised?

What TV boxes are you using? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma,

In my case, I contacted Support on Monday 11th November,  When I eventually got through to someone, I explained the issue (pixelation for the last two weeks), and yes I had checked the cables and rebooted the box.  I was told that an issue had been raised, and I should give it 48 hours.  After 48 hours (and rebooting the box again) my picture was clear, but over the next few days the pixelation appeared again, most noticeably on HD Channels, although it was alos back on BBC1 yesterday afternoon.  I have not called Support again (yet) but currently if I want to watch or record anything, I reboot the box beforehand - not ideal, but it seems to work for a while.  This is with a TiVo box, postcode M21. 

Thanks for your post DaveBaz1957 and welcome to our community. 

I can certainly have another look at this and see what's causing it so I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Am experiencing this issue, I waited as the problem was highlighted in the service status 2-3 days ago and was being fixed, but now 2 days after the 'fix' I am still experiencing sparodic pixelation, not sure if it is worth reporting a fault as the other users on here are not being helped by the looks of things. I'm in area ref. 21 (London SE24 0PA)

Hi Emma

I am having the same issue with pixalation since yesterday.

Sky movies

movie :: Widows 

v6 box

Can you help resolve this as it takes the enjoyment away from watching a movie. BBC HD was fine after finishing movie. 

Hi Aro-rat, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear you're having an issue with your TV pixelating, this ins't what we like to hear. 

So is this happening on just Sky Movies or other channels as well?

Is it just HD content or SD as well? 

Are all cables tight and secure at the back of the box? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Wow Emma_C... that was a quick reply... Thank You. 

I will do a full hardware test & re-bed the cables and will check other channels. 

Cheers