cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Hi @esseepee, @psp1656, @Mrs_G1, @heavysoul,

Sorry to hear that several of you are experiencing intermittent TV pixelation issues. 

Have you tried checking our service status checker to see if there is a known outage in your area and let us know if there is a known outage?

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

When I checked the service status yesterday it said 2 known issues in the area one of which is scheduled to be fixed by the 15th so I’m crossing my fingers that the local repair will fix the problem as this has been going on for months!! I watch tv mostly at night and I don’t fancy ringing through in the middle of the night to report faults if it isn’t necessary,

We hope it get's fixed after the the outage repairs but please let us know if you still continue to experience TV issues after the estimated fix time on the 15th when it's convenient for you and we'll investigate further.

Thanks,

Lisa

The issue with an estimated fix on the 15th is nothing to do with with the picture pixelating - not in Area 20 anyway. It just says, "Customers may be unable to manage their Tivo Set Top Box using the website at the moment. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible".

As I've mentioned on other threads about pixelating, this problem started for me last week. I had an engineer arranged for yesterday morning but he didn't turn up. When I chased it, they said they'd discovered it was a local area problem with a fix time of 17:05 yesterday - so they'd decided to just cancel my engineer visit without telling me!!! I kept checking the service status and it NEVER mentioned the pixelation problem being investigated. AND... last night, my picture was awful when tying to watch a drama on BBC One HD from 9pm.

Since I started having the problem last week - on two V6 boxes - one connected to a non smart plasma TV and one connected to a newish Samsung smart TV - it has been an on and off issue.

From looking at the forums, there are a number of threads with people reporting issues over differing periods of time.

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can look at your services and any outages.

Please reply back to it so I can take a look,

Thanks

Lisa_CC

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

You do have a point 🙂 it says the same for our area but I was hoping it might encompass the wider problem. Will see what happens as it is getting very annoying.

And yet with all these problems that seem to be unfixable - or at least Virgin does not know why it's happening - the monthly payments keep on going up. 😞

... Yes prices keep going up! 

Same here area 14 - V6 box - keeps pixelating on ITV or things we have already recorded - Mainly live tv 

Please get this sorted Virgin as i keep thinking its are actual tv and it isn't all checked for loose cable ect.

We have experienced this issue over the past few weeks as well.   It was very noticeable last night watching BBC1 HD between 8-9pm and ITV1 HD 9-10pm.

We are in area 26, postcode GU18 Lightwater area.  We have restarted the TIVO box this morning and will check to see if we have any problems this evening.

On the service status checker, there are 5 known issues but none specifically relate to the pixelation issue.