cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Kr283
On our wavelength

Update anyone. Can this be fixed or are they on a merry go round of wasting peoples time?

Unfortunately had to rearrange my engineer visit for yesterday but will update when they have been next week. I’m not expecting anything to change though if I’m being honest. 

bungle1979
Tuning in

Hi - posted this in the Tivo forum last night but this thread seems to be monitored more. 

Suffering from pixellation across all channels on a daily basis. 

We're only getting pixellation on the older Tivo box upstairs however - the V6 box downstairs is fine.

Swapped both boxes around the other night and neither seemed affected in the new position. 

Area reference: 03

Thanks in advance

Mark1871
Dialled in

Engineer came out on Wednesday. He said the signal to the box was “too strong”. He did whatever he had to do to fix that. He checked all connections (which we had already done) and so far there have been no further issues. Fingers crossed it has finally been fixed. Time will tell. 

Kr283
On our wavelength

Fingers crossed I hope it stays that way. I was gutted to lose mine but I just hit a brick wall.

I may have spoken too soon. Green blocks just gone horizontally across the screen during coronation street. Will this ever end?! 

spkonissis
On our wavelength

No, not fixed by far, been deleting atrocious recordings for months now  but gave up on this forum (till today of course!) when I got abuse for reporting the truth about wasting hours of my life on calls and web chat only to get agents who obviously couldn’t understand plain English! I ended up with 2 refurbished TiVo boxes in the post (after telling all the agents I spoke to that I didn’t want a refurbished box!) and that all 3 of my existing TiVo’s are showing pixelated images and I didn’t think the problem could be resolved simply by me getting rid of my old TiVo’s and the 100’s of hours of recordings on them, but all I managed to achieve after all these hours of “trying” to get in touch with customer support, was to get told off for daring to suggest that if a company was truly interested in “supporting” their customers, they would have employed support staff who at least understood English....Or dare I suggest, and I’m really sorry for suggesting this and apologise in advance if I am hurting someone’s feelings with this...Actually listen to the answer when they ask a question!?

Good luck with your pixel plus service mate, I’ve given up and will be changing supplier as soon as (or if!) we ever get back to some sort of normality!

Kr283
On our wavelength

If they are not offering the service advertised you can legally change whenever you want. They are in breach of contract and they know it. They thrive on the fact that it's too much hassle for you but why watch a sub standard service. 

Thanks for the details @nutsak316

I've had a look at the account now and there are a few errors with the TV box, but the box has also been up a few days. 

Could you just reboot it for me and let me know when it's been done, I'd reboot all TV boxes you have and then I can do some further checks, most likely if the errors don't clear then it will be an engineer visit. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

One box should be off as it is my son's and he went live with his Mum when Covid hit, as he is a keyworker and I am at risk.

The other (main) has been rebooted a couple of times in the last 24 hours.