cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Whilst the pixelation was occurring (on two different V6 boxes at the same time), I checked the tuner signal levels by selecting the following option in the menu;

HELP & SETTINGS

SYSTEM INFO

DIAGNOSTICS

Both boxes were showing the following;

Two of the 5 tuners showed signal levels of 69% whilst the other three showed 100%, as they normally do. This was happening on two different V6 boxes, at the same time, fed by 2 separate cables from the box outside my house.

When the pixelation had stopped I checked the levels again, ALL 5 TUNERS IN BOTH V6 BOXES then showed signal levels of 100%

(SNR of 41 dB and AGC signal level of 0%)

This surely proves that it has nothing whatsoever to do with what resolution that you’ve chosen, what cables you use, or how many times you’ve retightened your cables and rebooted your box?

What is does prove is, that at certain times, on certain frequencies, the signal quality transmitted to our house varies. 
This surely is, (as the Virginmedia Engineer told me) a network problem that Virginmedia are we’ll aware of.

Still the same. 

Hbhoss
Tuning in

For the last 2 months, we have struggled with frequent pixallation issues. We have 2 v6 boxes. Lounge and bedroom. Happens on both. Mostly bbc, itv channels and channel 4 but happens on all channels. I have tried to reboot the boxes but the issues remain! I have not changed anything, cables etc since installation which was less than 2 years ago

Hi there Hbhoss, thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV service and it does sound too coincidental to be happening on more than one box.  I would like to look into this further on your behalf.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Mi55R4lph
Joining in

We are also having awful problems with pixelation on our v6 box
been ongoing intermittently for months on most channels but particularly bad on sky sports news (519). 

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Do not despair just yet folks! Had an engineer out today to our second box (which he replaced for free with a new v6) he checked over our main box again as well as cabling and the street box.

Between him and a second engineer working down a neighbouring road they found a problem!

The second engineer tells me the pixelation problem should be fixed now, they said to give iit a week see how it goes. So far it's so good!!

My only minor niggle is they've taken off the Tivo fee but my bill has still up by just under £3 a month.  No complaints provided the problem remains fixed Virgin. Thank you for the great service. 

nutsak316
Tuning in

I too have pixelation and screen break ups.

Started on BBC and is now on Sky Sports Football (big problem) E4 and now also the new SKY Documentaries channel. I’m out of contract in September and think I may just jump back to SKY.

Anyone had any luck in getting this fixed?

Hi nutsak316,

Sorry to hear of the pixelation issue. Is it on both boxes or just one? Looking into this, one of the boxes is fine, however the other box is not turned on so we'll need to have that one on to run tests 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Could someone please look at our v6 to check for a fault? 

Crazy to hear that the one box that is on is fine...

The second box is my son's. He's a key worker and went to stay with his Mum through the Pandemic and the reason the second box is off.

Went to watch Starship Troopers last night on one of the SKY Movie channels and that started with the 'artefacts' too.

Getting pretty fed up.