cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

finick
Joining in

this is quite possible to fix thanks to the TV set-top box. I bought my own on Switchonshop, I liked everything. I advise you!

Hi Vicki,

Just to let you know that we’ll be cancelling the direct debit with you as the service provided has not reached an acceptable standard.

victory_g
Just joined

I also found Switchonshop on reviews in the internet. I used to have a set-top box from the store, but it also started to give pixelation, according to reviews read that the console running Linux will be much better. In the store this did not find, but on the forum came across the site. She came quickly. There is nothing unusual, but the quality seems to have become better, channels are switched faster. 

bigdog64
Joining in

We have been suffering with pixelisation for a few months now but it's getting more regular and more annoying. It is happening on live TV as well as recorded & on demand. Have switched off box and router left overnight with no change, held on off button to do restart with no change. Have checked connections but can see no problems, anybody have any other suggestions for me to check before I make the soul destroying call to customer service? TIA

Kr283
On our wavelength

They couldn't fix mine so I moved to Sky. Q box and 4K content is amazing. Super fast internet and no pixelation 🙂

After all my complaints and even having an engineer out to replace one of my V6 boxes, the pixelation continues. Just as you describe, same time every night, some channels not all, both boxes same channels. It’s quite obviously a bandwidth demand problem which Virgin know about but aren’t capable of fixing. 
they’ve stopped replying to me now so I think they’ve given up.
there is only one solution and that’s a Sky or BT switch 

That's poor service if they have just walked away from the issue

Yes that’s what I thought, and they never apologised when I raised an official complaint about the rude and abusive agent, I’m very disappointed with Virgin.

Kr283
On our wavelength

They don't care just vote with your feet. Give another provider a chance to give you a more professional customer service experience.

👍