cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Anonymous
Not applicable

Megan

It happens on all channels, worse in the evening. I have done all the others things that have been advised on here, checked cables, re-booted etc. I am in North London.

Thanks

Further to my previous posts, we had an engineer visit last Friday (thanks to Emma_C for organising it).  He spotted that an attenuator had been fitted at some point on the back of the TiVo box (which weakens the incoming signal) which may have contributed to the pixelation if our connection had been moved during recent cabinet clean-up operations.  Removing this seemed to clear the pixelation.  However, he also recommended changing the box as it was a) old, and b) over 90% full of recordings.  We now have a V6 box, and <fingers crossed> the picture has been fine across all channels (or at least all the ones we watch..).  So we do appear to have had a successful resolution to our particular pixelation issue.

N.B. I don't work for, or have any connection to Virgin Media! 

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DaveBax1957,

Thank you for getting back to us with such good news! I'm really pleased that the engineer was able to resolve your issue, and that you're enjoying your new box.

Do give us a shout with any future queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachael

karonluff
Joining in

We had an engineer out and he replaced our box ,our original box was 7 years old so needed replacing we now have a perfect clearee picture even the colour is  better 

Kr283
On our wavelength

Wish ours had been so straightforward but well done! They replaced ours and made no difference

Both of my v6 boxes are unwatchable. The recent service from Virgin has been pathetic. Broadband down for whole days several times and now this. Postcode is G77 5TQ

My postcode G61

is it just a Glasgow issue?

GSA12riderVM
Tuning in

Been getting pixelation issues on most channels for a few weeks now, on and off.
Tonight though it was really bad and unwatchable.
Rang 150 gone midnight but CS closed - Clearly they believe nobody watches TV after 9 or might have technical issues.
We are in BR4 area, and have a V6 box, which I have already reset and check cables and connectors.
Anyone know what the problem is?

I don't think this one is down to Brexit

Same here Morden Surrey (area 03), all my recordings are ruined too.

Why is service status saying everything is ok?