cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Hi there.

I'm experiencing the same pixilation issues. I have a tivo box. Mornings and evenings mostly. Usual old terrestrial channels bbc, itv, c5 and also discovery. Alot of free view channels to be honest.

I hope you get it sorted out.

thanks.

andy

Mark1871
Dialled in

Engineer came out the other day. Tightened everything up. “Crimped” the cables which he said hadn’t been done before. Checked the box for and cleared errors. Seemed to have done the job. Pixelation has returned. Please correct me if I’m mistaken but if you rewind live tv and the pixelation happens exactly the same every time you rewind surely that isn’t the TiVo box? Wouldn’t that be the actual tv channel that is the problem? 

Hi jocksmith,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Are you still having this issue? If so please do let me know so I can private message you to look into this. 

^Martin

Been with virgin for 18 months no problems, recommended to friends, now pixelation and picture freeze every couple of minutes.really annoying, would not recommend if this carries on ? Only just started but will not stop !

R4ZINE
Joining in

Ok so attempted to call customer service for 2 nights now, on hold for over an hour each time...really bad you don't have a ring-back service guys.

Anyhow, Pixelation on the sports channels for 2 weeks which I've ignored and hoped would go away but it seems to be spreading to other channels...

Literally unwatchable stuttering / pixellation.

Started Sky Sports Main HD and Sky Sports 1 HD, then BT Sports 2 HD then BT Sports 1/3/4 HD and today BBC2 HD!?!?

Netflix / Amazon all ok on the TV and connections holding firm, attempted all the "suggested" fixes to no avail so need some help asap please!!

NOTES: Tivo Box / Nottinghamshire

Still on hold btw...and getting continuously tired of paying for services with Virgin my family doesn't receive. You recently "saved" me from leaving your services through poor broadband with these TV packages and now the TV  begins to do the same! Gimme some helps folks...

Hi All,

We are aware of an issues, and are raising this to be investigated now.

Our teams will aim to have this fixed as soon as they can.

Thanks

Melissa 

My TiVo keeps pixelating a lot. Only noticing in evening as don’t have it on during the day. Very annoying! Anyone else still experiencing this? 

Hello, for well over a year now I have had problems with the Virgin TiVo box pixelating and my losing half the picture from the screen. 100% of the time it does it when playing back recordings. 90% of the time it does it in the evening. It is not my TV because digital channels directly watched from freeview are not affected. It is the TiVo box, it happens every day and it is a nuisance. To think I'm paying the same as others who get a decent picture really annoys me.

Has anyone ever sorted this problem out?

Hi Rizzokicks,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the Pixelation issues. Is this just on one channel or several?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Sylvia62,

Thanks also for posting and a warm welcome to the community 🙂

My apologies for any pixelation, is this one one channel or several?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill