cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

My apologies Jazz.

Is there any update listed here that can explain?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes, it most certainly is a problem outside but don't expect Virgin Media to accept responsibility, they'll blame you!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Pixelation-blamed-on-customers/m-p/4066049#M60639

Mark1871
Dialled in

We are still having issues with picture quality. Tonight the picture is freezing and pixelating quite badly. We never did get an engineer appointment. The last one that was arranged didn’t show up. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies Mark1871, my colleague who you were speaking with about this at the time doesn't work here any more - but I'll be happy to follow up and see what can be done to help. I'll send a PM to complete a security check & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

No problem. I’ve replied. Thanks. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for that Mark1871, please do keep us posted with the outcome of the visit if possible.

Tom

I am a new customer as of the 28/09,I have a problem with pixelation and sound issues on-demand (constant, unwatchable) the Normal tv and even Movies and 4k Virgin on demand are fine, seems to only be the sky on-demand tv series. I tried phoning was told it is a known issue in the area (although nothing shows up on tests) and should be fixed by 07/10. I phoned again today and was told it has been referred to a manager. how long would it usually take for someone to get back to me?

Hello sean707

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the pixellation on Sky On Demand 

We do have some ongoing work that is affecting our Virgin Fibre, Virgin Phone, Interactive TV, Catch Up TV, TV On Demand

This is logged under the ticket reference C01054924  

The estimated fix time is 11th October around 15:00

Can you please try again and see if its still an issue then 

Gareth_L

Been having problems with pixelation for a while now , seems mainly to be BBC Channels and Channel 4 .

I've checked cables , reset box and wi-fi and even swapped round televisions but I'm afraid it keeps happening , if anything it has got worse over the past 4 weeks.

I'm in Area 30 , not sure if anyone else from this area has reported the issues

Thought our problem had been cured but can't view fox tonight at all. Recordings aren't brilliant either!

Getting fed up with picture and sound break ups now!