cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

mutley61
Joining in

I have pixelation on one of the 3 boxes we have in the house. It's a Tivo box and all connections are tight

Apparently there are some TV issues in the area but that was about unavailable channels, would this also effect the picture on one box?

I wouldn't think so if it was problem in area it would be all your boxes....it could be your needing a new box if the others are all ok..contact virginmedia regarding this as sounds like your box needs replaced x 

I have the same problem.  I have to turn the Tivo on and off to stop it.  Looking for the solution.

PF19
Joining in

Add me to the list of people with pixelation issues. Also have green lines and sound break up.

Running a Tivo box, location BN3

Mostly seen on BBC1 HD, but also BBC2HD.

The 'answer' on this forum doesn't appear to be an answer - does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi martykramer and PF19, 

Welcome to our community forums! 🙂 

Sorry to hear you both are experiencing problems with pixelation. 

I've just checked and I can't see any known faults which would be causing this issue. Have there been any improvements since your posts? 

If not can you confirm that you've rebooted your Tivo box and checked all the connections are securely attached? 

Do you only get pixalation on live HD channels or is it the same when watching on demand content in HD? 

Have you been able to test an alternative HDMI cable? 

Look forward to hearing from you both, 

Hetty_R

Hello Hetty, 

I have tried all those options, rebooting box, new HDMI cables, checked connections and even tried different TV.

It affects HD channels eg BBC1,2 etc. I don't know about on demand programs.

Thanks Peter

Hetty_R

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for confirming. 

What I will do is send you a private message so I can get your account details and have a look at things from our end 🙂 

Please look out for a purple envelope in the top corner and reply when you can. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R

I am having this problem yet again. I have a V6 box and it happens mostly in the evenings and more frequently on ITV and channel 4. All cables are firmly in. Could it be a problem from the outside to the house? Really irritating because I'm now always waiting for it to happen.

Hi HLJ, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with a few channels.

Is this still an issue since your post on Wednesday? Let me know if you are and I can send you over a private message to take a closer look at this.

Alex_Rm

Hi

Have been having this problem on mainly sky sport (hd) channels especially Ashes cricket (which is what I am trying to watch right now).

Have tried to watch it on all video formats (560p.720p,1080i,1080p,2160 etc.) but all have the pixellation issue.

Have tried re-booting but just comes back the same.

Have only been with virgin tv since end of July and this problem has always been there, not sure this tivo 6 box can handle the amounts of data that is being chucked at it as so many people are experiencing the same problem.

Never had this problem with sky and if it persists will be going back to them.

Tivo box is paired with LG Oled tv.

Jazz