cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Don't even get me started on the BroadBand issues >.<

How Virgin say an average 99.98% reliable. Reliable for what exactly? It ain't the given speeds.

Hold on, here we go:

M200 Fibre Broadband

Average download speeds of 213Mbps

Hahahahahahaa 😄 If that is an "average" I would love to know the top end for that BroadBand class.

NEVER seen anywhere near that yet even wired.

I think what that statement is meant to read is FASTEST EVER.

If that 213Mbps is an average. Then there are some seriously lucky people getting in excess of 400Mbps as most of my family and friends on the same package get around 80-180Mbps if we are lucky. So over 5 households at lets the average is 120Mbps ish wired.

A far cry from "Average 213Mbps" Virgin quote

I will do it for a week and post bk here for you Nat 

Thankyou 

Also Nat u are saying there is a prob with the hub ??? I have it in a written message from ur guy telling me an outright lie ..trying to tell me this is all correct theses lights are correct ...that's just showing you that they sit there and talk rubbish ..and you said there is a prob and it will be fixed by September this is July ??? ....how can you tell me this when even when you ring up ur not hearing this at all...but I suppose if the Bill's are still getting pd then they dont worry ...I've been with cable long long ago b4 virginmedia name popped up but I'm so happy I do screen shots of what we get told just to keep peace....sorry but I fight for what I'm meant to get from virginmedia and I will cont to do so ...but some of theses speeds are unreal down to 26 some even lower at times and others higher but I will do speeds for a week ...but virginmedia need to get to gribs with staff that sit n tell total lies to the ppl that are keeping them in a job just to shut them up lol well they defo picked the wrong one with me ...

Silentg1971  I know what u mean regarding speed I'm 500mb connection and I had once got over that ..that must have been to impress lol cause I ain't getting that now ...nothing near it but I wont give up 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply pep4uk.

Although I completely understand that you should have been advised that the flashing light is a known issue, it is definitely not service affecting and in no way linked to slow speeds.

Speak to you next week, have a lovely weekend. 

Nat

Nat I know what ur saying and yes I will do speeds and put them in ...have a good weekend 

JW0410
Joining in

I'm in area 31 (Hemel Hempstead) and have been experiencing intermittent pixelation issues since Wednesday 10th July. This happens daily across all channels mostly between 6.30 pm & 8 pm but it also happens during different times of the day. When it is particularly bad the WiFi drops at the same time.

Service status states no broadband issues & 1 TV issue that is not related to pixelation. We have checked all the connections & they are fine

My husband & I are getting so frustrated with this. Virgin media is not cheap when you have been a customer for years (they don't really appear to reward loyalty) & we are currently paying for a service that's not working properly!!

Hello Nat

Here are some speeds which is ridiculous for a 500mb connection...and the money they are charging for this is unreal...I am going to take this a lot further but would be interested in your opinion on this Thankyou .... there is a pic on here for u Screenshot_20190719-205905_Speedtest.jpg

cje85
Trouble shooter

Are you using the 5Ghz WiFi network? If not you'll be lucky to see anything over 100Mb. Also what phone are you using, only very high spec phones can reach 500Mb over WiFi, most will get about 200-300Mb maximum.

Tried them all even PC..laptops etc etc and its s10+ phone ...which j was getting well into the hundreds on it