cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

I've had this crap service since march and all they say is that there are issues in my area that they estimate to fix by August and I will just have to put up with it for now. Granted I got some compensation. A whopping £22 for March 'til August. You work out what that is per day >.<. A hell of a lot less I am paying for the service. If I want pixelation I will go with a different and cheaper provider. VIRGIN really need to fix this crap or I for one will just go elsewhere and/or stream/download what I want to watch

Silentg1971 I had the very same but for January till start of april ...I had engineers right through February ..then the 150 ppl right through March kept saying ur not getting an engineer out ur TV is sorted (I better never meet them lol) so i got engineer out start of april and told them i want this house completely rewired which they done...it didnt solve it...then i fought again to get engineer out this time i got sent someone from bench team...he knocked my door and said I'm not even in ur house yet and I've picked up 3 problems...he then went and checked 3 diff pits in the bk and wasnt happy not 1 of them.was putting out signal of what they should...he then got a network guy out and he was at theses pits for 6 hours...that did help i do still get it a bit at times...i went onto message the guys on the app and guy come back saying i will give you 50.00 off ur bill ...i asked if he was on drugs as i wasnt accepting that he then came back took off 101.00 that left me 12.00 to pay ...so fight it and if still bad ask for a bench team.guy to come to you ..goodluck sorry for long reply Silentg1971dont give up....

wasting time..had hd pixelation for ages..call centre blame providers of tv progs..go round in circles

Keep fighting them just dont give up if that fails contact Ofcom as ur paying for a service u are not getting IvorBiggone

Hi @IvorBiggone, @silentg1971,

Can you check our Service Status Checker to see whether there are any known outages in your area?

Also are all channels affected or some?

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

That's what I was told aswell check status etc but after 3 months they had no option to say there was a problem ..I got house completely rewired pits checked and 3 pits were not putting out what there meant to...6 hours a net work guy was out side fixing them...I've now run into problems with speed I've got 500mb and it's under a well under a 100 n lower...and like always when u ring everything is working fine well I'm not one to sit back n listen to them saying nothing wrong ...when they start paying my Bill's then say that but while I'm paying it wont work nothing wrong they ain't the ones sitting here and can see what's happening...a  new one today is I've got flashing lights on my modem and was told that's meant to be like that lol utter crap so this will be going further aswell ...just getting sick of it all 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pep4uk, 

Thanks for posting to the community. 

From reading your post, I can see that this problem has been going on for a while so I can definitely understand any frustration.  

I would like to look in to this further and do what I can to improve the service. 

Along the way, I may ask some questions that you have already gone over but I would just need to get a better understanding of the current situation. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if you are experiencing the issues when using a wired or wireless connection or is it on both?

Also,  if you have been running any regular speed tests or using a broadband quality monitor can you please post the results for me and we will go from there. 

Thank you 

Nat

Nat..

I changed package to the Ooph package 500mb ..I did get that speed once then anything between 260 sometimes up to 400 which I'm not complaining of...it is wired and wifi n mobile phones u name it we have tried it.

Rebooted moden everything which does clear the flashing green light but it comes back again very soon...

We have run speed test that virgin ask us to run a good few times and nothing changes ...

Hoping this helps u just now ...I am doing dinner but will keep a check on my phone fir replys oh and moden been rebooted lots and also done in safe mode on pc etc and no change thankyou 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

I have checked the issues with the flashing light and it is a known Hub error but it is not service affecting. We are currently working to get this resolved and the estimated repair date is currently 30th September. 

Using your Community details, I have also checked your Hubs upstream/downstream levels and cannot see any issue which I appreciate, you have been advised before. 

With this being the case, I would ask that you run sporadic speed tests on both a wired and mobile device at different points in the day. Doing this over the space of a few days will give us an idea of any trends.

If you pop the results on this thread, we can then review your findings. 

Thank you

Nat

@Lisa_CC wrote:

Hi @IvorBiggone, @silentg1971,

Can you check our Service Status Checker to see whether there are any known outages in your area?

Also are all channels affected or some?

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

ATM there are issues in MY area with

"Customers may be unable to manage their Tivo Set Top Box using the website at the moment. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible. The problem is almost fixed - our engineers are carrying out their final checks. Track this issue Fix estimate 15 July 16:00

Customers using certain Android devices may find that they are unable to log into the Sky Sports App at the moment.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible. We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way. Track this issue Fix estimate 15 July 12:00

Customers may find that Channel Vice (219) unavailable at this time. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible. The problem is almost fixed - our engineers are carrying out their final checks."

Nothing for pixelation or anything.

THIS is the problem. YOUR people do not seem to recognise ANY issue regarding this fact let alone that it has been constant since MARCH 2019 😠

It happens on most channels, especially HD channels.

All I get from YOUR telephone support is that it will be fixed by AUGUST if they previously said it would. Funny really, how can something be "FIXED" if there is NO apparent issue anyway. GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR.

And before you ask if my Tivo is at fault, NO it most certainly is not as I have recently had that changed too which, guess what, DID not fix the pixelation either. FYI Neither is it the actual channels as they look perfectly fine on my other TV that is just hooked up to an outside aerial. 

To be honest @Lisa_CC I really don't think Virgin cares. They are not interested in fixing the issue, if that is cable related or not. Apparently what I picked up is that the pixelation AFAIK in my area is because they are "upgrading the cable work.

Hmmmm, I doubt that very much. My home is situated behind the main box for my area and there has been zero activity with ANY recabling. 

So please, what solution do you suggest?????? Pretty sure everyone else on this thread would be interested.