cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

double_en
Joining in

It is getting a bit of a pain now. Discovery hd is unwatchable. I mainly get the pixellation on hd channels. This along with poor wifi and intermittent internet loss is making me look to leave after 20 years.

Area: 01

Date: 09/06 @ 12:30.

No faults showing on the status page.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi double_en,

Thank you for getting in touch via the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when watching Discovery HD and pixellation on other HD channels. 

When checking your area, I can see that there is no known fault reported in relation to the issues you are having.  

Have you had an engineer visit regarding this problem?  

Let me know how things are as I will be happy to look in to this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks for the reply. No engineer's visit has been arranged. Pixellation is just one of the issues. When I get a chance to be at home during the day I will call in to try to get the issues sorted. Just reluctant at the moment as I have tried the usual resets already and don't have the patience to go through it all again.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back in touch double_en. 
I have sent you a private message to request a few more details to allow us to be able to look in to this further for you.  

The private message should appear when selecting the purple envelope icon on the top right of the page. 

Thanks

Nat

Hi,

I'm having pixilation issues with BBC (HD) News Channel - which are sporadic/random but still none the less very irritating. This has been going on for a couple of months ago.

Steve

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi moclips2002,

I've taken a look at your services from here and there are a couple of things that we need to take a look at for you.

I am going to send you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Tom_S

Mark1871
Dialled in

I am also still having these issues. It can’t be down to individual services can it? Seems to widespread for that. 

Most channels. 

Different times of the day

area 31

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mark1871,

I can see you spoke to us roughly a month ago regarding this and advised that you would be calling regarding this issue.

What assistance were you provided with the issue?

Thanks,

Tom_S

Hi Tom,

I've lost track to be honest I did have an issue with not being to view some channels some months ago and this was resolved. As it is intermittent I'd not got around to getting it sorted. I did notice its affecting UKTVGold as well now.

Regards

Steve

From what my wife tells me of the call made a few weeks ago is that apparently there was “no known fault” in our area and that we were to check connections, hdmi lead etc. That was done.  No engineer visit was offered although there always seems to been an engineer at one of the two local street boxes.