cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Totally.

Keep ahead with updates here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

That link takes me to an error page. 

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

It's getting to be a real pain I recorded the flash and was watching it last night, the picture broke up so badly it even skipped scene at one point I'm thinking of running it again and taking photos of it to show. I have reported this before but I'll add again DY10 Kidderminster.

If this continues much longer are those affected going to be reimbursed part of the fee we pay for interruption of services? For £85 a month I expect uninterrupted viewing not pixelating pictures and no sound!!

Hi Michaeljf and ChrisM60, 

Really sorry you're both having this issue. 

Has it improved since you reported the issue on Monday?

If not then are we aware of any issues here

Let us know, we're here to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

IMG_0323 (2).JPGIMG_0323 (3).JPGThis problem still going on, despite yesterday Virgin saying work was going on in my area. Whatever they were doing, it hasn't worked! BT Sport2 HD has been like this now for months! (see photos) This was the picture a few minutes ago.Completely unwatchable. Two engineers not been able to solve it. Every test under the sun done, no joy! Getting to the point now where I am losing patience. No-one seem too bothered about it either, judging by the amount of posts on here regarding pixilation on seemingly all channels. Happy to take the subscription every month thoughSmiley Mad Area 31. Postcode NN8

Hi, Darcey12.

Sorry to see this. 

How's things been since posting? If still the same, is there any faults listed here that can explain this? Simply click the link, and enter postcode only, then press search. Any known area faults will be listed. 

If none listed but you're having issues, please sign in to the checker. To do this, you'll need your My Virgin Media online account log in. When logged in, click the 'Run Test' option on the affected service.

Keep me posted if you need further help.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Have done everything you said. It does say that some channels, including BT Sport may not be available in my area, but, I still have BT Sport2, and it is STILL pixelating as badly as ever. I have done the tests on numerous occasions, always says my equipment is operating  fine. Two engineers have not been able to solve this problem, despite changing cables, running tests, re-booting  etc. Nothing works!  Second engineer was totally mystified by it, as every other channel, including BT SPORT 1 and 3 are fine. This has been going on for months now, and is no better now, as it was at the start of this trouble. Football is a big watch in this household, and we have been not able to watch any of the Champions League matches. It is very frustrating to say the least. I wish we could get to the bottom of it, but that appears to be wishful thinking Smiley Sad Area 31. Postcode NN8 

Hello Darcey12

Thanks for explaining everything so thorughly 

Can I ask what boxes you have and does the pixellation happen across all boxes?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Both the boxes are Tivo ones, and yes, it happens on both of them. . All the other channels are fine on both too.

Thanks for replying. 

I'm going to send you a private message

This way I can have a look at your account and see what we can do to get this issue fixed 

Just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

Gareth_L