cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Area 22, recordings from over the Easter weekend show bad pixelation on numerous channels

My apologies, how are things looking now qwakuk?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

TV test does not work - been down for months

See my images within my previous post.

I personally do not believe the test can detect intermittent signal loss - the system signal need to be monitored full time

IMHO the system can't cope when too many people watching (bandwidth)  - example this bank holiday.

Pixalation OK BBC 1/2 HD  this morning hence my feedback.

Have you tried a different browser to run the fault test with?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Is this definitely a confirmed fault affecting a few people? Is there any way one of the admin people could check this out? I’ve posted a few times regarding this over the past month or so and haven’t had any help from them which is unusual as previous issues have always been sorted out pretty quickly. 

Hello, Mark1871.

This is something we're aware of and working hard to fix asap. My apologies for this happening,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

The pixielation on BT Sport 2HD  is STILL ongoing. This has been going on for must be at least two months. Two engineers have not been able to sort it. Have done all the tests, resending signal etc etc, but nothing works! Whenever you switch to this channel is it always the same, unwatchable. feel like I'm just repeating myself over and over.  Smiley MadReading through these comments on here I suppose I should be grateful it's only affecting BT Sport 2, but as we pay £133 per month for this service, it is NOT good enough Virgin! I see this morning it says they have acknowledged a fault in this area, and a engineer is "on his way". Will be interesting if this makes any difference. I shall be back if it doesn't! This is Area 31, postcode NN8Smiley Mad

Yes

The tests work on Phone and broadband no problem (TV test does not work)

Hi, Darcey12

Apologies for the service issues. Hopefully all fixed soon 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming it’s a widespread issue. Hopefully it’ll be sorted out soon.