cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Ok thanks. Has it been an ongoing fault for everyone since the middle of March? That’s when it started for me. Has been happening most days since then. Hopefully it’ll be sorted soon if it is a known fault. 

Thanks for your reply. 

The V6 was at its limit tonight recording 6 and removing padding to get other following programmes, watched a few live and recorded others, the picture quality was abysmal on both, vast blocking.

I've rebooted the hub and V6, I hope it's sorted tomorrow.

Yep add me to the list area 24 this is getting very frustrating, especially as virgin seem to take ages to even acknowledge there is a fault, and let us all think it's just our box! Not impressed!

Samor
Joining in

I have only been with Virgin 6 weeks. Seeing very slight pixelation for less than second on all HD channels. I only watch HD channels from my V6 box. Are other OX11 users seeing the same as I understand there is a fault with OXFORD area and engineers are working on this ? Can Virgin confirm this is the case and when will it be fixed ! 

esseepee
On our wavelength

After a couple of weeks without pixelation......it’s back again this morning. Watching BBC1 news on HD it is so annoying and distracting. Huddersfield HD5 area. I am not contacting technical support as it appears engineers, in person, by phone or online cannot resolve the issue as reported by many people in this thread. I will probably end up resolving the problem myself by leaving virgin media and this very poor quality television picture and even worse customer service.

Same fault here area 20 any resolution?

...and to add - I'm talking about BIG screen pixelation - at least HALF the picture in some instances. Experienced this on BBC ONE HD last night during EastEnders (8pm to 8:30pm) and again on ITV HD during The Widow (9pm to 10pm).

SORT. IT. OUT.

Smiley Mad

@norskyorkie wrote:

The V6 was at its limit tonight recording 6 and removing padding to get other following programmes, watched a few live and recorded others, the picture quality was abysmal on both, vast blocking.

I've rebooted the hub and V6, I hope it's sorted tomorrow.

....I'm convinced there is a network issue as the forum now has SIX posts from users experiencing pixelation.

bern
On our wavelength

now several channels eg BBC1, 2 and 4 are available in HD.

BBC1,2 have non HD alternatives (851 etc) but BBC4 and others seem to be only HD. Recording from them therefore takes up much more menory on the TIVO box. Is there anyway to record from them in non-HD mode (I don't have an HD tv). Sorry if I've missed a trick

many thanks

tboman
Up to speed

I am also getting severe pixelation and have been for several weeks. BBC HD appears to be worst, but seen on other HD channels too. Amazed there is no support feedback to any of these several pixelation posts.

Everything appears fine on the V6 and I have restarted the box several times. Occasionally get "this chanel is not authorised" type messages too, but these pass.

As this seems to effect may areas, I assume it is a central transmission network problem.

This needs to be sorted quickly or off to Sky Q I go....