cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Raised this issue a week ago - was asked to reset V6 box, try different HDMI port etc etc. Was advised that problem had been fixed. Now worst than ever!!! 

I replied that it was  not - have not heard back from Virgin.

Channels affected are:

BBC 1, BBC 2 HD and DAVE HD and now occasionally ITV HD. Have a V6 box. In Plymouth Devon PL5 post code area (18?)

Pixelation is in mornings and evenings

Still happening for me, especially with the movie channels.

Elnino9
Tuning in

Our bedroom V6 box was causing major pixelation last night on Channel 4 around 9pm, this hasn't happened before with this box as far as i'm aware but was really frustrating, i find it very strange why this seems to be happening on Channel 4 between the times of 21:00 & 23:00.

Elnino9
Tuning in

This is my issue right now on the living room TV!20190411_103322.jpg20190411_103324.jpg20190411_103325.jpg20190411_103326.jpg20190411_103327.jpg20190411_103328.jpg

Elnino9
Tuning in

TV literally unwatchable tonight on both of my V6 boxes. Especially bad while trying to watch the Masters on Main Event HD!

What u have on your TV was very same as mine..I got the same on all 3 v6 boxes..I had to get my whole house rewired and it has stopped it just now ..fingers crossed..oh and my neighbour upstairs from me had nothing hers was perfect .

Decided to record the 2nd Emmerdale from last night as was watching the footy, gone to watch just now and this is my issue.

Another engineer booked for Monday via chat who told me that this issue will 100% be sorted out!

20190412_153656_50.jpg20190412_153658_50.jpg

Hi Elnino9, how did you manage to get an engineer booked? What's the secret to get this done? I have been having the same problem for weeks now and I think that as it appears to be happening to many that Virgin should be paying out compensation!!

I usually just go on Live Chat if i have any issue's, you have to go through the stupid troubleshooting process of them thinking you don't know if your wires are tight, or HDMI is a problem and check with your VHS/DVD player if there is a issue, then checking Video Output then the amazing task of them saying reset your hub while in the middle of the Live Chat. After doing that and getting back on Live Chat, the last 2 times they have booked an engineer in for me.

I was compensated the first time round for £37 then today's chat told me i'd receive a further compensation after the next engineer visit on Monday for my loss of service.

bn12
On our wavelength

just back from a few days away & problem as bad as ever after 3 engineer visits now. BN12 most channels to 121, when I gave up.

1 WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

2 WHAT ARE VIRGIN GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

We pay c £130 pm for various Virgin services, but that is going to stop very soon.....