cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

No problems last night as well. Gateshead.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

Darcey12
Tuning in

Don't believe this! Tried BT Sport 2 to see if it was better this morning, and yay! It was! No pixelation! perfect picture! But all the terrestrial channels were gone. Checked online to see there were problems in my area and was being fixed. All good. terrestrial channels then came back, all well and good...... but BT Sport 2 is pixellating again! I despair! This problem has been going on for weeks now, all day and night, Area 31. Tivo box. NN8 4BD . Virgin.... PLEASE sort it!!! 

I had ITV on this morning whilst getting ready to leave for work and the terrestrial channels disappeared about 8.50am. Good to hear they may be back. Will check tonight and got a few recordings from yesterday so hopefully pixellation free !

Tivo Box
BS36
I have noticed it on all channels, live and recordings, but it seems to be especially bad for me on itv channels.

I have been having this problem intermittently for the last few months. An engineer came out about a month ago and he checked the box and cables and adjusted the signal strength, but I am still having the same problem. I have been very happy with my VM services up to now, but this is extremely annoying and distracting.

Thanks

@Michael_JK wrote:

Good morning,

As you can see we've been receiving reports of pixelation of TV channels over the last 24 hours which we've escalated to our TV Operations team.

The team have asked that you let us know the following to help with their investigations:

• Which channels is this happening on, if not all?
  • Which box do you have? (Eg. V+HD, TiVo or V6)
  • Area of the country? The first part of your post code would be good.

Thanks,

Chai_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, TMB123.

I’m sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your TV.

If you're still experiencing this issue, can you please try a reboot if you haven't tried this already?

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Chai_S

Still having ongoing problems with pixelation on BT Sport 2. Like I have stated before, this has been going on now for weeks. Have had two technicians out to see if they can solve the problem. Neither of them could, despite doing extensive fault finding. First one changed cables, checked the broadband hub, and found everything ok. He also checked the Tivo box in the bedroom, which is having the same problem with BT Sport 2 as the one in the living room. Everything appeared to be working ok. Second technician  was as baffled as I am, as every other channel is working perfectly, including the other BT Sport channels. He could not understand it. Thought maybe it was a problem with the box just up the road. he said he would put in a request for someone to check it. He also checked all the equipment. This is starting to get very annoying now. It happens all day, no matter what time you switch to BT Sport 2. It is unwatchable. Quite fed up with it. Paying for a service that I am not getting full value for.  Seem to be getting nowhere in putting this problem right.  Postcode NN8. Tivo. Area 31

Hi,

I've had this problem for some time. I tried calling customer services and got nowhere. I also made a complaint on 19/3 to which I have had no response so I am still getting the same problem. Some programs and recordings have been unwatchable but luckily I've been able to find them on Catch up. This is not good enough!! It happens at random times on random channels - ITV1 HD, BBC1 HD, BB2 (HD), CH4 HD, CH5 HD, More 4, E4, W etc. I have a TiVo box and I am in area reference 05 (GL4).

Some sort of personal acknowledgement would be good as I'm getting really angry about it!

Thank you.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gilliepops, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the trouble you've had with your TV channels - and that you haven't been contacted regarding your complaint so far.

Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page: virg.in/service? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Alternatively you can text our cable-care team on 07533051809 (8am - 7pm Monday - Friday) or give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Tom_F 

gilliepops
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

Yes, I've tried all that and guess what nothing wrong! Currently, it is showing that there is a known fault in my area but the details are not the same as what I'm experiencing. The estimated fix time was 16:00 hrs today but has not been updated since. I also tried calling 0345 454 1111 requesting an engineer but I was asked to perform some checks with the cables which I wasn't able to do as not tech savvy in any way when it comes to cables and connections etc., plus it's difficult for me to get behind the TV, therefore I was told to get someone to help me, which I thought I was doing and virtually dismissed. Supposing I was an old lady with no one to help me, would Virgin just leave me to get on with it? From the 13 pages of complaints on this forum, I think this problem is much bigger and appears to be affecting the whole country. I'm only paying a small amount per month compared to what a lot of other people may be paying but I still expect to get what I'm paying for!      

Elnino9
Tuning in

I'm just a little under 2 weeks since i had a engineer out to try and solve my pixelation problems, as i said in my post a few pages back after he had been it started up again for a little bit, but since then it had been fine, not that i had watched a load of TV but all the same been fine.

Until last night when before i would get the pixelation especially on Channel 4 HD it came back, it always seems to be around 21:00pm to 23:00pm for me, i also noticed on Sunday during Catch Me If You Can on one of the movie channels during almost the whole film there would be a lot of drops in sound and a slight pixelation issue, i've never noticed this on movies before as i don't watch them.

Will see if i have any issues tonight during the football and if so i will be making a pointless call to VM again!