cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Hi - yes many times. 

To reiterate the issue is only with the movie channels (and Virgin movie store) - other HD channels (and the 4k channels) look great on my 4k tv. Movies pixelated during black scenes and dvd-like during the rest. 

@ModTeam wrote:

• Which channels is this happening on? 4HD
  • Which box do you have? (Eg. V+HD, TiVo or V6) V6
  • What times of day is this happening, or is it at all times? Saturday 2pm

4HD V6 Saturday 2pm. Also free sports HD last week as per another thread.

Been watching channels on Freeview and Now TV since then as it is too annoying to watch sports with the constant break up.

ModTeam

Good morning everyone.

Thank you for all the replies so far. These have all been passed to our technical team to assist in their investigation.

Our technical team have made some background changes to rectify this issue. Could you please reply to this thread to advise if you are still experiencing this issue or if you are no longer getting a pixelated screen on the HD channels?

Many thanks.

Mod Team.

This seems to have resolved my issues with movies and On Demand!

I checked with the movie 'Skyscraper' - before the black bars at the top and bottom were pixelating, now they're sharp. Thanks 🙂

Hi all we have a v6 box which has been faultless for about 7 months but lately various channels keep pixelating which is rather annoying. I’ve tried using the app which always says we are trying to sort things for you . I’ve spoken to virgin they say it’s been sorted but it happens again after a few hours . Any advice please? 

Hi how did u get it sorted plz ..thankyou 

Mines still the same here 

Tell them u want someone out and record progs so u can let them see what it getting..will prob tell u well it's not happening now I'm here so cant sort something they cant see...also said to me write down dates channels  n program..which I was doing I I wrote it down every 2 mins...I went bk to recording it as that gives u what they wanted plus they see it...I had them here right through Feb then went to March had to keep ringing but they said it's fixed hmmm no it's not I'm sitting here watching it ..so I want an engineer answer all time was NO it's fixed.. I'm getting engineer out tomm as got a guy who was nice...so tomm the only option there getting is renew every cable coming into house if not everything's in his van I'm sick they take over 100.00 every month so they ain't on I've had enough 

Most of this morning I have had periodic break ups on Sky News HD no other channels are affected

happening on both V6 boxes

Been having problems with bad pixelation on BT Sport 2 now for several weeks, it is unwatchable. Technicians have been out twice, trying to solve it. Changed cables and various other things. Last one thought it could be the junction box up the road. It only is affecting this one channel. All other channels, including BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 3, are fine. Starting to despair it is never going to be right. Area 31. Postcode NN8 . Tivo