cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Gina_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Unclebudge,

Welcome to Virgin Media Community.

How's the services today?

Can you try changing cables and HDMI ports on the TV and not using a "switch" if you have one.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Gina_M

Carfiffbaygirl
Joining in

New TiVo box recently replaced old unit which would not have Catch-up TV like iPlayer etc after 1st April.

Pixelation occurring on most channels. I have powered down the box Everytime this happens. It comes back after a while.

PeterSVP
Joining in

Same issue with me.  TF10   Area 4.  Lasts under a second each time, but fairly regular, on recorded HD.  

dave_g
On our wavelength

Why ignore everyone else on this thread. You seem to infer it is a problem with his cable or switch. How come all the other people have the same issues, we don't all share the same v6 box and cable!

It cant be an individuals problem as we are all over the country.

bn12
On our wavelength

Quite!

Worse than ever tonight. Seems to only happen after dark, began later tonight after clock change?

Ironic as the reason we went to cable in the first place was that analogue was impossible to watch on summer evenings due to ghosting from French channels. Plus ca change.

Engineer rescheduled for tomorrow, but he won't find anything wrong with my kit & I bet won't be able to tell me the cause of the problem.

Come on Virgin, SORT IT OUT!

Can't wait for my follow up call from India complaints dept tomorrow.....if indeed they call

esseepee
On our wavelength

After a day yesterday having hardly any instances of pixilation, it’s happening again this morning on BBC 1 news HD. Getting fed up of this now. Area 26 Huddersfield.

Roxie_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there David,

Welcome to community. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Sky Cinema. Have you tried rebooting the box and check the HDMI cable if it's properly connected?

Let me know so I can further assist.

Kind Regards,

Roxie_G

Mia_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, teamfloyduk,

Thanks for posting in the Virgin Media Community forum.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your channels pixelating. I can see that you have been speaking with someone from the Forum Team about this.

I just want to check on you. Were you able to get in touch with someone from our online chat team? They were suggested for possible appointment to check on your connection.

Let me know. We'd love to help sort things out for you.

Mia_C

I have to add that I also get random pixelation on BBC ONE HD?! 

It does seem to only by BBC ONE HD though (I don't see pixelation on any other HD channels?!) - could this be an issue with their stream?

I've had this problem now for months although I record it all so they see it they go we cant do anything it's not doing it when here..another engineer is coming wed so it's all recorded again I'm over 100.00 a month and been with them for years they fix it this time or get everything out my house ..but they have no problem taking my money every month . I get it on every channel and 3 v6 boxes