cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

miaas2011
On our wavelength

Just signed up to say me too. Started a couple of days ago but slowly getting worse.

Ever since a loss of service for tv and broadband several nights ago i have been getting pixelation issues on and off. This only started after customer services restarted my hub remotely. Is there a fix for this or do i need to book a engineer visit ?

V6 box. 4HD, BBC1 HD, Challenge.  BS37

Lesley27
Tuning in

Hello,

really hoping someone can help me out here. Our tv service keeps pixelating and losing sound regularly on BBC 1. We have buffering issues too on Netflix. We have 2 V6 boxes.

we have The VIP package and are getting quite frustrated with this constant pixelation. 

Has anyone got any ideas please 

Thanking you in advance

Lesley

Despite Virgin telling me problem solved - and cancelling engineer visit planned for Monday after I had rescheduled stuff to be in - the problem is as bad as ever this evening.

The reply HELP to Virgin text does not provide any solution.

Virgin, wth is going on? The symptom is pixelation. What is the PROBLEM? What is the fix?l

Channels 101 102 103 104 107 109 110 111 I can't be bothered to go through them all. BN12 area 20.

WHAT IS HAPPENING? 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Pixelation is cause by loss of bandwidth.

If your TV is wired to the Hub, that suggests there is something wrong with the VM broadband. 

If the TV is connected by WiFi, that could still be a broadband fault but it's far more likely to be a WiFi problem. When the Hob was restarted it may have started up on a different WiFi channel which is less suited to your domestic conditions. In that case, look at the Broadband & WiFi section of the forum where there is lots of advice of improving WiFi. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I would suggest that this is a signal issue and not related to your broadband at all. Best to call VM and get your signal levels checked.

This is also happening to mine. I had the v6 box fitted in October and my tv flickers on all channels when the tv has been turned on and have to put it i on and off a million times for it to stop. 

He said that what he'd changed amounted to a "new install", his words. He also said the cables were fine and he'd moved something in the street cabinet just in case, even though he found no problem there. The only thing left was the V6 box.

He, being the person on site, plainly knew more about the issue than some **** sat at a computer in India, yet trying to get her to understand was like talking to a goldfish! Why do you employ those people? A trained chimp could work through a list of tasks with no autonomous thought!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bn12 wrote:

Despite Virgin telling me problem solved - and cancelling engineer visit planned for Monday after I had rescheduled stuff to be in - the problem is as bad as ever this evening.

The reply HELP to Virgin text does not provide any solution.

Virgin, wth is going on? The symptom is pixelation. What is the PROBLEM? What is the fix?l

Channels 101 102 103 104 107 109 110 111 I can't be bothered to go through them all. BN12 area 20.

WHAT IS HAPPENING? 

The problem? I think “problems” plural is the issue here. Different people are having different problems in different areas, so there could be multiple faults. Some on local networks, some on core distribution. It could be a few days before this is resolved.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks