cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Abrahs
On our wavelength

Have been getting a band of pixelation over the last couple of weeks. Only lasts a second but is annoying. Sometimes (esp 4 HD) happens frequently in an evening, other times we don't see it for a few hours. It's on the recordings - so seems to be signal related. I'm in Tonbridge (Area 18).

Add me to the list intermittent pixelation.

TV6 BBC1 HD, Channel 4 HD, ITV HD Liverpool area.

#metoo

BBC1 pixelating band across the screen half way down. Happens on other channels for at least a week, sometimes just a breakup for a split second.

Sister had brand new installation yesterday and hers had same problem last night when I visited. 

Area 25

esseepee
On our wavelength
  • I to am having random pixelation on various channels, V6 box, recordings and times. I have checked, removed and replaced connections also restarted the box on numerous occasions. I live in the Huddersfield area. Next step is to call technical support but it appears it won’t be with much success.

I've noticed this happening a lot this week too ..it is pretty annoying. .I've checked everything that has been advised on the 'script list' on all the threads about this and all seems fine, diagnostics and signal checks come back as not showing any problems and V6 is connected via ethernet and hub is not right next to box yet there are a good few threads about this and all is not fine no matter how many times Virgin people are saying it is. . Not impressed ...

I had this several weeks ago and again at the time it appeared to be a widespread issue judging by the number of posts. It cleared up on its own so I assumed that the fault had been rectified.

I'm just watching recordings of ITV HD from last night (Thursday) and it's started again but much worse than before.

This is a V6 in Nottingham (NG3)

dave_g
On our wavelength

Area 22

London E18

V6 box

Bbc1Hd

ItvHd

C4 Hd

This has been reported for days now, any idea when someone will take this seriously?

@Olly wrote:

I've noticed this happening a lot this week too ..it is pretty annoying. .I've checked everything that has been advised on the 'script list' on all the threads about this and all seems fine, diagnostics and signal checks come back as not showing any problems and V6 is connected via ethernet and hub is not right next to box yet there are a good few threads about this and all is not fine no matter how many times Virgin people are saying it is. . Not impressed ...

I've been getting exactly the same issues, this week really bad. I have raised this in another post but all they said was go to online chat and that has always said not available. so have got nowhere.

I've also checked everything as you have.

In an earlier comment on this thread they said they were told they would be charged for a call out, never heard that happening before

lohads
On our wavelength

I have now spoken to someone over online chat and have an engineer coming on Monday. This will be the second engineer to come and look at this issue. 

Online chat is available between 8am and 8pm

Hi - I'm having this same issue. Anything black in a movie on live Sky Cinema gets pixelated and the overall picture quality is DVD-like. All other HD channels are fine, Tivo V6 box. Been a new customer for a couple of months. 

Thanks

David