Menu
slowstar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV pixelation issue - Quick Question

Hello

Tv keeps pixelating, AREA14 - Just wondered if from your end you could kindly check are equipment  

Look forward to reply

SlowStar

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixelation issue - Quick Question

Hello Slowstar welcome to our community,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with our TV services. There is nothing more annoying when you can't watch your favourite shows.

When did the issues start? Have you checked all the cables are secure and tight at the back of your box? Sometimes loose cables can cause the issues of pixilation. A good old fashion reboot of the box can sometimes cure this issue too.

If you would like to check if there any area faults that may be causing the issue you can check here this allows you to run diagnostics and test on your connections and equipment.

Let us know how you get on and if the hints and tips we gave you have worked.

Thanks Jodi

slowstar
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for a response - Touchwood it has settled - I shall use if in future what you have said - many thanks 

0 Kudos
Ancnamma
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am in area 20 and I have had this problem for nearly 2 months. I have the full house package and nearly all of the HD channels and many of the regular channels are so pixelated they are totally unwatchable. I have called in a number of times and have been told they are working in my area so they can’t check it. At first, I assumed my TV was going out and nearly bought a new one. Now I am so fed up I am looking at other providers. To add salt to the wound, I recently got a letter saying they are raising my rates. BAD FORM VIRGIN! 

Is anyone else in my area having the same problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ancnamma, welcome to our community forums.

Prices are subject to change with a fair notice period, as listed in the terms and conditions of your contract (http://virg.in/legals). The price increase is to help us continue to help improve and develop our services and products in the future. Small increases keep our network maintained and grow the services that we all love.

When you were advised there is work in your area were you advised when the services would be restored?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Ancnamma
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am fully aware of the need to raise prices on occasion in order to improve service as new technologies become available. I commented on this because of the timing. I have been experiencing this particular problem for approximately two months and received the letter increasing my bill in  the middle of the problem. The rise is minimal and not a major problem. The timing was the frustrating factor.

I am not one to complain about these things to anyone but my husband and in my 69 years of life, I have never joined a forum such as this. My frustration comes from using all of the suggestions I have read on this forum and nothing has helped. In fact the problem is increasing to more and more channels almost daily. I would like to know if there is an end in sight. I am tired of missing my favorite programs.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You advised that when you calling in they told you that work was being carried out in the area.

Did they advise you of a fix time for this work?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Ancnamma
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I started checking the status for this area on the app every day. Each time one thing is fixed they have started fixing something else. So far, none of the fix descriptions has mentioned pixellation. The current “fix” was due to be finished on the 12th, but is still active. His has been going on for around 2 months. I didn’t keep track of when it actually started because I thought it would surely be fixed by now. Do you have access to any of plans for my area?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We'd be unable to view any planned work in your area.

However what I can do is drop you a PM so we can take a look at your account for you and see what we can do to help.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi in most cases of pixalating, it means your signal levels are ether to low or high, if this is still occurring, insist that a engineer comes and adjusts the signal levels as this cannot be done remotely.Regards Micky
0 Kudos