Menu
davidtaylor598
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Error Code S101 Stuck loading on 16%

Having recently moved my TiVo box and replugged it in, the channel loading gets stuck at 16% and then error code S101 appears. I have not been able to get anyone on the phone at VM and have gone through the text help service a number of times over the last month but have had no solution yet. Having read other posts with the same issue it looks like the solution is to have an engineer visit as the internal wiring may need fixed.

I'm reaching out on this forum as I have not found another way to arrange for this. Hopefully a VM member on this can help, thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Error Code S101 Stuck loading on 16%

Hi davidtaylor598,

It sounds like either your connections are not snug and tight, especially the white coaxial cables, or that the point you moved the TV to isn't connected to the VM cable point. Have you ever had a working connection from that point in the past? 

Unfortunately if after checking and securing all the cables again as per  virgin-tv-error-codes/s101/contactus  you still have no connection then you need to contact Faults by calling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, perform tests, reboot etc. Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

davidtaylor598
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Yes I have had a working connection in this location before. I haven't actually changed the location, I just unplugged everything when cleaning the area around the TV unit.

It sounds like my best option is to try calling Faults so i'll give that a go.

Many thanks,

David

0 Kudos
davidtaylor598
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Just tried to reach the faults team and went through the options you mentioned but I was cut off after they successfully tested my connection and wasn't offered a chat with an adviser. 

Any tips?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again David,

If you call again the system should recognise that you've already had your connection tested and put you through to an agent, however if you don't press any buttons then you should still be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call back immediately, ignore any suggestions to "go online" or "get a link", and then wait in line for a faults agent to answer.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks