Menu
kereil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Control App won't load on Samsung Android 4.3 mobile

I am losing the will to live with these new Apps!

TVGO works on my Surface Pro Windows 10 PC really well but, of course (from all the searching I have done!), the control app is not available for this device.  It also works on my mobile - fab!

However, as I go away from home a lot, I need to be able to manage my TiVo box (set recordings etc) when away.  As I can't get the App for my PC & it won't work on my mobile, what is the solution?

I have a Samsung Note II Android Version 4.3 (specifications needed says 4.1 - Urgh!) & I have downloaded/uninstalled the app about 50 times since it was launched. When I try to use it, I get the "Webpage not available" message with a link to "https:identity.virginmedia.com/vm_sso/idp/requestAssertion.action" which, when clicked, goes nowhere!

Help someone please . . . advice greatly appreciated.

(I can follow technical advice up to a limit, but I'm not a techie.)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Control App won't load on Samsung Android 4.3 mobile

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have found a help link here which gives technician requirements for the TV control app.

Your device needs to be 4.4 or above or you may experience problems loading the app after install.

Please take a look at the link when you can.

Thank you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kereil,

Welcome to the community.

I'd just like to check how things have been since your post?

Are you downloading the remote app directly from the app store?

Please let me know if you're still experiencing problems.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kereil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying.

Yes, on my mobile, I am downloading the app directly from Play Store.  The app downloads OK, it just doesn't work!

My mobile is a Samsung Note II Android Ver 4.3.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have found a help link here which gives technician requirements for the TV control app.

Your device needs to be 4.4 or above or you may experience problems loading the app after install.

Please take a look at the link when you can.

Thank you

Rose
Forum Team

kereil
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, the technical link explained why it doesn't work . . . my mobile operating system is 4.3, which is not modern enough!

I appreciate your help but, once again, Virgin brings out these "new ideas" which only meet the needs of some of its customers . . . very disappointing.

Why controlling your TiVo online via the website has been removed is a mystery . . . why fix what isn't broken?! (to compete with SKY I bet, with no consideration for its loyal customers who don't want to buy a new mobile just to control their TV when away from home)

0 Kudos