cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Box stuck on ‘starting up’

rmlmtl
Tuning in

We have a very old TiVo box as our 2nd box. This evening it was put in standby and then wouldn’t wake up.  I’ve rebooted numerous times, gets to starting up and sometimes states no hdmi cable found or just repeats the start up cycle. I’ve tried 3 different hdmi cables, always the same.

Our primary V6 box works perfectly.  Anything I can do. I suspect the box is terminal but hoping for a solution as getting help from Virgin is always stressful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect your diagnosis of this being terminal, is likely correct.

I'm afraid it's a call to faults for you... try first thing in the morning before queues build up, they open at 8am 🙂

Good luck!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect your diagnosis of this being terminal, is likely correct.

I'm afraid it's a call to faults for you... try first thing in the morning before queues build up, they open at 8am 🙂

Good luck!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Typical stressful Virgin Media experience. Waited half hour for answer.  Person I spoke to agree I probably needed a new box but can't order one directly until I've spoken to a 'Technical adviser' who will phone within 4 hours.  Despite my V6 box working when I substitute the broken tivo box with my primary V6 box.

She says we have an outage in our area,  my TV and broadband is working normally and my app reports NO outages in this area. All such nonsense.

grrrr.