cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Remote to IR (or RF) mode

Clarky1
Tuning in

Anyone know how to switch the remote control so it transmits in IR mode (or RF mode) rather than Bluetooth.  The box is just too far away from where we watch one of our TVs for the Bluetooth to work reliably, so I want to run the remote via an IR extender (using RF) which I know works over this range as it’s recognising the TV remote.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you hold down TV and clear together untill remote flashes then press thumbs down 3 times then ok it will reset the remote and will default to IR

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can pair it back to Bluetooth through the settings menu on the box

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you hold down TV and clear together untill remote flashes then press thumbs down 3 times then ok it will reset the remote and will default to IR

Clarky1
Tuning in

Anyone got any idea how to switch the V6 remote from Bluetooth to IR and back.  
can’t believe there’s no manual provided when you join Virgin Media.

Thanks.  But how do I switch back to Bluetooth mode?  Or can I set it to do both at the same time?

Is there a manual somewhere that explains all this kind of thing or is posting questions on here the only way?

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can pair it back to Bluetooth through the settings menu on the box

Brilliant! That’s all worked.  Much better range and reliability from my IR extender that the Bluetooth.  Thanks so much 👍

Do you know if I can use a second remote through Bluetooth (this is what “pairing” means, right?) on the same V6 box? This would be the better solution for me in another room, rather than setting up another IR extender.  From the in screen instructions, it doesn’t say you can’t, but doesn’t say you can either, hence my question here.

many thanks again

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Clarky1,

This post may help you. V6/Can-you-pair-additional-v6-bluetooth-remotes/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali