Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Starz play

Hello All, 

Thanks for your queries in regards to STARZPLAY 🙂 

We can confirm that this is launching today.

Customers can sign up through Home > Apps & Games > All Apps > TV Upgrades. It will be priced at £4.99 per month.

Once subscribed, customers can access content through On Demand > Box Sets > Channels > STARZPLAY.

Please do note, STARZPLAY is a premium VOD service hosted on the Virgin TV platform. It is not an app or a channel.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Gunslinger1
Dialled in
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

A quick query.

If I sign up to Starz Play via Virgin Media on Tivo, will I get a Starz Play account allowing me also to access Starz Play  content from other devices, eg via Amazon Prime? Or vice versa?

With Netflix you have a Netflix account with which you can access the service via other platforms.

cinnywen
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

It will not allow me to upgrade to Starzplay through apps, just tells me I have to phone up, I assume I am not the only one.

This is the same for any upgrade in the past, its never allowed us to complete the process through the app option.

Not sure I can be bothered spending ages on the phone waiting to get through when I should be able to do it through the app easy and quick!
0 Kudos
johnasimmons
Up to speed
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same screen come up since I tried from Wednesday and I have phoned VM twice and no one even knew what Starzplay was and both times thought I was talking about Starplus HD!

Gunslinger1
Dialled in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Moral of the story: if you have an Amazon Prime account sign up via that, forget about VM. It will also give you access through any connected device, not just Tivo/V6.

0 Kudos
bobby966
Joining in
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I subscribed to Starzplay at 20:00 and so far have not been able to watch either any of the films or tv series. I get the same infuriating message every single time, "This show is temporarily unavailable"

I've reset my Tivo too, it's driving me up the wall.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobby966

Sorry to hear that, How are things looking at the moment?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
elvedhel
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

tried to sign up via the app as it states and says its not available /ineleigble or some such message. cant sign up online either so all rather pointless. come on VM pull your finger out.

0 Kudos
estechco
Joining in
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Although I've now got access to StarzPlay with VM, I'm struggling to see shows that are clearly being aired on Amazon Prime's equivalent. Most notably I'm talking about "American Gods".

Please tell me that this IS coming to the Virgin equivalent some time imminently?

If the content is indeed different, as I fear, this message may prevent others from making the same mistake

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Starz and Prime are two different services, American Gods is a Prime program

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos