Menu
houndog787
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sound problems

I'm having some issues with the sound output on my TiVo box. I have been using a LG soundbar and subwoofer for the past year so I've never had any problems however since my soundbar got damaged Im now using the speakers from my LG TV 4k TV and the sound when using my firestick is perfect ,the sound when using apps through my TV is again perfect but the sound when using channels on my TiVo box is well terrible. You can barely hear it and it has the oddest sound I've ever heard. No bass or nothing, very faint to the ear and kind of like an echo sound to it. It's barely watchable with this sound.

What is going on? Anybody got any ideas ? I tried messing about with the sound settings in the TiVo box menu but it's made no difference at all

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound problems

Hi there houndog787, 

Sorry you're having some sound issues there - very odd as you advise it's working ok for any apps you use; are these apps via the TiVo? 

You advise you're using speakers from your TV; do you mean you're just using the TV itself for sound or do you have separate speakers?

Have you tried changing/checking the sound settings via the TV itself to see if that helps? 

Let us know and we'll see what we can do from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
houndog787
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for getting back so quick. Yes I'm using the speakers from the TV itself and the apps that sound perfect are through the TV not through the TiVo box. I have tried altering the sound settings in the TV but they are fine. The sound is fine from the TV when I use firestick or TV apps . It's just when I use the TiVo box channels that i notice a difference in the sound

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Do you really mean "Tivo" - or V6? I believe the Tivo is not 4K capable (not sure if this would cause your issue though).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying that you've now got the TV connected by HDMI cable directly to the TiVo and that the TiVo's audio setting is Dolby Digital to PCM?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
houndog787
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes sorry it's the V6 box

0 Kudos
houndog787
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's the V6 box and yes it's connected via HDMI cable and the sound setting on the box says Dolby digital to PCM

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

And you also get bad results if the setting is Dolby Digital? It seems as if the TV is not processing audio via its HDMI inputs, suggest you contact LG. Or get another soundbar.

--
0 Kudos
houndog787
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes it sounds exactly the same when I change it to Dolby digital. I have a firestick connected via HDMI cable to my LG TV and the sound when connected to my firestick is perfect so I don't think it's the TV. It all points towards it being something to do with the V6 box 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Not proven, it worked when you were using the soundbar. How was it connected to the TV and V6?

--
0 Kudos