Reply
Highlighted
Superuser
Registered: ‎21-04-2010

Smithsonian channel is on its way

Due to launch on all major platforms from Tuesday 12th February:

http://www.smithsonianchannel.co.uk/

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Rising star
Registered: ‎06-08-2010

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way

[ Edited ]

@nodrogd wrote:

Due to launch on all major platforms from Tuesday 12th February:

http://www.smithsonianchannel.co.uk/


So this is Discovery meets Nat Geographic should be plenty repeats to choose from.

 

 

 

Super solver
Registered: ‎13-03-2010

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way


@praxis wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

Due to launch on all major platforms from Tuesday 12th February:

http://www.smithsonianchannel.co.uk/


So this is Discovery meets Nat Geographic should be plenty repeats to choose from.

 

 

 


It's the same broadcaster as does ZooMoo kids & LoveNature. Neither of which carry adverts, and LoveNature is actually pretty good if you're into wildlife & natural history stuff.

Superuser
Registered: ‎21-04-2010

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way

[ Edited ]

@japitts wrote:

@praxis wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

Due to launch on all major platforms from Tuesday 12th February:

http://www.smithsonianchannel.co.uk/


So this is Discovery meets Nat Geographic should be plenty repeats to choose from.

 

 

 


It's the same broadcaster as does ZooMoo kids & LoveNature. Neither of which carry adverts, and LoveNature is actually pretty good if you're into wildlife & natural history stuff.


I watch Love Nature more than channels like Eden now. Being Ad free is an absolute boon. No interruptions every 15 minutes. It makes the programme timings a bit wierd, but I can put up with that.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Problem sorter
Registered: ‎16-03-2014

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way

[ Edited ]

I've been watching the Smithsonian tests on satellite. The programmes are excellent but it does have adverts. 

Superuser
Registered: ‎21-04-2010

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way


@cje85 wrote:

I've been watching the Smithsonian tests on satellite. The programmes are excellent but it does have adverts. 


With the channel being FTA on all platforms, it was always likely some advertising would be carried.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Registered: ‎21-04-2010

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way

[ Edited ]

Smithsonian Channel HD has now launched on channel 295. There is no SD version on Virgin.

If you don't see the channel straight away, put your box back into standby for a couple of minutes & then switch on again.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Super solver
Registered: ‎13-03-2010

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way

Interesting that it's listed on the EPG as "Smithsonian" not "Smithsonian HD". Gold & ZooMoo are also HD only, and are listed accordingly. Odd.

Wise owl
Registered: ‎02-02-2014

Re: Smithsonian channel is on its way

I'm getting 5.1 audio as well.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection