Menu
Steph86
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow TV

Hi,

I have had virgin media in my home for 3 years now (TV, Broadband, and Phone). I noticed right from the start it was quite slow when clicking on Netflix, TV Guide etc but ignored it. My TV is a good one so it’s not that!

My parents recently moved house so got their virgin media reinstalled. They have the exact same package as me (and they pay less which is frustrating!) however when they click on things it happens immediately! I can click something and wait a good while before it opens the TV guide etc.

Is this likely to be due to the virgin media box thing being 3 years old ? How can I resolve this ? I pay more than my parents for the same package and it’s so slow I’m considering just scrapping it all together and going with a cheaper bundle elsewhere because the ‘perks’ of being with virgin media are soooooo slow it’s a waste of time having it !

Thanks in advance for any responses !

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TV

If you have one of the older original TiVO boxes these are known to be slow. The new V6 boxes are far quicker.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Steph86
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I think mine is an original tivo. Do you know if there’s a way of having this changed ? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone up & ask, although taking one on a legacy package will be a chargeable upgrade.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Steph86
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah right thank you! I will see what they say and just shop around. If I have to pay to have a tv that isn’t so slow I’d rather pay to leave early and get a different package lol 

Thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi if you stay with Virgin you won't have to have a more expensive package, you will just have to pay for the upgrade to the V6 box to be installed & it's essential to have broadband for it to work, if you phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK, during normal working hours, you may be able to negotiate a good deal with them, particularly if you want to jump ship.Regards Micky
0 Kudos