Menu
Allandb9
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports cancellation

End of football season and I have just phoned virgin on 150 to cancel sky sports and have been told I have to give 30 days notice .when did virgin change their policy as previously I have cancelled immediately  and been given a credit on my next bil..... and why is there no email address to complain directly to virginl

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky sports cancellation

It's been like that for a while, it's a Sky requirement that virgin have to implement 

Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allandb9,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry you were not aware of this. As dannylou advised this was a Sky requirement and was implemented last year.

If you would like me to raise a case to show your dissatisfaction I will be more than happy to do this and will need to confirm some account information.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
rovingmo
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, we have to give 30 days notice to cancel Sky Sports, I bet that doesn't apply when you want to re-instate it because they want your money as soon as possible, even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a disguise when robbing people.

Virgin know that a lot of their customers want to cancel sky sports during the football close season and want to make it more difficult and awkward for them, it would be nice if they took the lead and offered the option of opting out during footballs close season, customer care and all that.

I have been with Virgin for many, many years but they don't care about loyalty, they just want to milk you for all your worth.

Has anyone out there ever been contacted by the Virgin Team and been offered reduced rates or bonuses for being loyal to them......I bet not.

DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMER

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the 30 days notice is a requirement from sky and applies to their customers as well as noted twice in this thread, Virgin make almost nothing from the sports packs as the money goes to sky

Highlighted
Greenback66
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,I phoned wanting to cancel my Sky Sports package,but on doing so was told there was a error,the error being that i had to replace my V+ box because it was to old now and it would be replaced with a Tivo V6 box,and also i would lose some of the channels on the V+ box,was told by the operator that he could not cancel my Sky Sports manually.We are happy still watching the V+ box,don't mend what is not broken so to speak.Is it possible to keep our V+ box and go ahead and still cancel Sky Sports?. 

0 Kudos