Menu
TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 1 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Horse Racing Channel HD is missing ?

It was advertised that on 1st January 2019 Sky Sports take over of At the Races Horse Racing Channel would be in HD on Virgin, I've tuned into Channel 535 and to my disappointment it is still being broadcast in Standard Definition, I'm hoping this will be rectified as soon as possible, has anyone got any information when the HD version will become available  ?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Horse Racing Channel HD is missing ?

There is normally a "curfew" period over Christmas & New Year where VM do not Add/Remove any channels in case this causes unforseen issues on the network.

The HD varient, unlike the SD one will be on Sky's direct fibre feed into VM's master headend, so this may also cause a delay. The SD feed is simply the existing At The Races satellite feed rebranded.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Mulldog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Wanting to know exactly the same thing. I would like an approximate date if possible please?
TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 4 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I have some information that the HD version is on Virgin from 8th January, let's keep our fingers crossed, by the way, I wonder how long it will take before they start broadcasting Coral Greyhound Meetings on this channel, because they haven't got many UK Horse Racing Meetings on board. 

0 Kudos
Mulldog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Great news- roll on next week.

0 Kudos
Asherd41
Tuning in
Message 6 of 59
Flag for a moderator

How do you know that Toby? The support team on Twitter don’t mention that? Hope you are right!

0 Kudos
Mulldog
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 59
Flag for a moderator

The support team keep giving tens of different answers on Twitter. It's as clear as mud at the moment.

julianwardle
Tuning in
Message 8 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I've tweeted relevant parties, phoned tech support twice and have to agree there is various stories, but one thing that is consistent there is no date for SSR to be broadcast in HD through VM. To be polite the customer service I got was ordinary at very best, so I have a local sky engineer coming out to see me tomorrow with a view to have them provide my TV. No point paying for what we don't get!

0 Kudos
steveh3100
Tuning in
Message 9 of 59
Flag for a moderator

hilarious the 2.35 race at Newcastle today is called the "watch sky sports racing HD on Virgin 535" what HD where is this HD?
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 59
Flag for a moderator

'No point paying for what we don't get!'

you have been paying virgin for what you get until it actually happens officially. had virgin announced an actual date ie 1 january and you weren't getting it by now then you would have a valid point.
0 Kudos