Menu
jt_mfc
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports HD missing from Bigger Bundle + Sports

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help. I signed up 2 weeks ago to the Bigger Bundle + Sports package for £72 a month. Installed everything last week, all working except I'm missing the Sky Sports HD channels.

I have spend the last hour and a half on the phone to tech support, then billing, then retentions. All gave me the same answer - that the Sky Sports HD channels are not included in the package. This is despite me explaining that it clearly states on the website that they are, including on the full channel list where there are ticks against all the Sky Sports HD channels under the "Bigger + Sports" heading. It even has pictures of TVs with football on and the Sky Sports Premier League HD logo on!

Has anyone else had this issue? I can't beleive the attitute of the person in retentions I spoke to. Refused to look at the website list when I explained to her. Am thinking of going to Ofcom to complain about mis-selling if this isn't resolved. They had the cheek to say it would be £7 extra a month to upgrade to HD...

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports HD missing from Bigger Bundle + Sports

What you were told is true, its not included and costs £7 extra.  The website is wrong, I never noticed that

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jt_mfc

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the confusion with the channels. I have checked and the website is now showing the bundle does include the sports in HD on this package. However, my understanding is it's either a new offer that has just been changed to include the HD channels, as it only was previously the SD sports ones, or it's an error.

I've mailed a contact regarding this and will be in touch via this thread to confirm either way.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The webpage is wrong and has been wrong for ages, so it's £7pm to get HD. I had to battle to get my HD for free when I upgraded to this bundle.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jt_mfc
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, that would be appreciated if you could look into this.

Sports was the main reason I switched to Virgin so really wanted the channels in HD. Have also just seen a few posts going back a couple of months mentioning this issue.

I definitely checked the channel list before signing up, and the pictures on the website also show TVs with Sky Sports HD channels on

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome jt_mfc, as soon as I know anything I'll be in touch. It more than likely will be Monday now, 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jt_mfc,

Thanks for your patience.

I'll drop you a quick PM now to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos