Menu
SJJ1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema HD not in HD

How can you legally claim to offer Sky Cinema HD when broadcast quality (live, not On Demand) is nothing of the sort ? Had an engineer out on Saturday who couldn’t see a problem with the picture !!!!! Quality not even SD/DVD...films look like bootleg camera recordings from the cinema you used to see online. I am paying for VIP package with Sky Cinema HD & it’s a rip-off ! Need someone to address this before I go to the Ombudsman...😡

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema HD not in HD

Iv always thought to sky cinema HD don’t look very HD compared to other channels like film4hd/channel4hd and believed it’s down to the quality of the broadcast feed from sky to virgin (movies always looked great with sky+ back in the day)and/or it all depends on the HD content meaning some HD content looks great and some look like standard def. Look around on this form other people have said the same. Personally I now use apple tv 4K for films.
0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a problem with the picture on any of your other HD channels at all? The experience you describe certainly isn't mine, and I'd like to think it's not that of most customers (otherwise the boards would be chock full of similar complaints) - this makes me wonder if you have either signal issues or perhaps a problem with your TV settings?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello SJJ1

I am sorry to hear this, is this the case with other HD channels? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
SJJ1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nothing wrong with the TV settings...all other HD channels perfect. Moved from Sky & HD Cinema channels were perfect with them. Engineer said I had a weak broadcast & remedied with a signal booster. Has had no effect/no improvement on Sky Cinema HD however. ALL other channels perfect.

0 Kudos
SJJ1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All other channels perfect

0 Kudos
SJJ1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There ARE loads of complaints on the boards about this issue. Until I read them...thought I was seeing things !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SJJ1,

I am sorry to hear about this. Have you previously had an engineer come and take a look at this for you? I think that would be the route we would need to take with this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can confirm some details.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos