Menu
StevieBee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Severe Pixellation and Picture Issues

I had a similar issue a week or so ago which seemed to resolve itself.

Pixellation and picture break up every few seconds, some channels worse than others. I'm sure it's a signal issue as both TiVo boxes affected. Rebooting as no effect.

Is there any way the signal strength can be boosted remotely?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Severe Pixellation and Picture Issues

Hi StevieBee,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with pixelation on the boxes.  

I have taken a look at the boxes remotely and there is a signal fault present.  Unfortunately it can't be fixed remotely so I will need to arrange for an engineer appointment with you.  I will pop the details in a private message.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
StevieBee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin engineer arrived as booked and did a thorough job, checking the street cabinet and signal strength.

My ancient splitter was replaced, the length of input cable reduced and HDU installed.  This improved the upstream reading...was 52, now 46. Downstream is perfect.

This seemed to have had some effect, as the pixellation has much improved on the worst affected channel.

However, pixellation still occurs on several other channels although the frequency seems to vary.

Judging by the numerous other similar complaints there must be network issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @StevieBee

Thanks for coming back to us on this, detailing what the engineer did whilst at your property. I'm sorry to hear that you're still getting some issues with pixellation.

I've run another check on the boxes, and can see that there are still power level issues affecting both boxes. This will require another technician to investigate further. 

I'll send you another private message in order to get things moving with this. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules