Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: STV HD NO LONGER AVAILABLE!?

@Ernie_C wrote:

@nodrogd 

I’m not actually sure what exactly happened but 113 is still STV HD and 103 is still STV SD.

I didn’t have any recordings from STV HD over this period so didn’t hit any of these issues.

I can give some information which may help explain what happened.

STV HD 113 is generally one of the channels buffering on my V6 overnight. When I looked at this tuner in the morning, it was channel 28 and called STV HD Old (or was it Old STV HD).

The channel was playing OK. When I swapped it to 113 STV HD, I was then unable to access channel 28 again.

I guess some change was made to how STV HD is broadcast on the cable network. 

This is looking like the it may be the new sub-regions coming on stream, or at least preparations for it. It would be interesting to know what you get on your regional news programme tonight.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just heard STV HD is due to take over channel 103 from 5th February.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
yummymummy57
Settling in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Its just happened to me tonight. Absolutely disgusted by it and with no warning, now I can't watch any of my tv programmes.!!

0 Kudos
yummymummy57
Settling in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Its just ridiculous and if they don't resolve it Im leaving too. This is my favourite channel where I record all my shows to watch later when its convenient for me to do so.

0 Kudos
yummymummy57
Settling in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The stv channel is not showing in my listing and it just skips right past the channel number when you type it in. I can however get stv+1 on 114??

0 Kudos
Zanshinjitsu
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if this is similar to the switch over that happened with BBC 1 HD when it removed the SD from 103 and moved the HD to its place. Hopefully it is just a short term switch over issue and we have STV HD on the 103 channel. As others have mentioned, Virgin Media just signed a 4 year deal in Sept 18 with STV to show their channel. If not reinstated in the coming hours, I would say call Customer Services to query, like I will be doing. 

GarethF
Rising star
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It'll have moved to 103 and recordings will be playable. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a caption on 113 telling you this

Saw someone on another forum talking about this on the weekend. I assume you looked while the work was being done. These things don't happen by magic and would have had to disappear and re-appear

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello yummymummy57, 

We are very sorry about any distress caused here.

STV have made some changes to their line up; whilst this was being done, the channel was temporarily down.

STV HD is now on channel 103 and the SD version is no longer available.

Hope that helps. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide