Menu
Boilerman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

STV 103, STV HD 113 Gone ?

I have just returned from a trip away from home and sat down to watch a couple of programmes that I had recorded, only to discover they cannot play and a notice saying that STV HD is no longer available from Virgin Media.  RAGING !!!!  I have also checked and found that channels 103 and 113 are no longer there yet the channel STV +1 is still working 

What the hell is going on Virginmedia ?  

I am beginning to lose patience with them as I unfortunately now have my telephone, my broadband, my TV, and TWO mobile phones with them and the mobiles were originally with EE for many many years but they could not offer same package as Virgin, who are piggybacked on to EE masts anyway.  While on holiday last year in the Channel Islands I was unable to get my phone working at all and it would not connect to any other network - it appears that there were many others in same situation but never yet received any response from Virgin.  Looks like I may have to bite the bullet and move my provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: STV 103, STV HD 113 Gone ?

Hi there Boilerman

Thank you for posting on our community forums.

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed by the service provided and we apologise for not receiving a reply from us regarding your mobile phone service in the Channel Islands. 

We have recently made some changes to the Scottish STV line-up by moving STV HD to 103 in Scottish regions. The SD feed currently on 103 will be discontinued unfortunately. 

We wouldn't want to lose you as a customer. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: STV 103, STV HD 113 Gone ?

Given the timing of the OP’s post, I suspect that the situation he describes was during the actual changes to STV overnight.

As I see this morning, all changes have been made correctly and the OP should review his situation now.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped