Menu
nickygalea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Returning to a partially watched recording on Tivo

If I stop watching a recorded programme on Tivo and go back to it, say, the following day, it doesn't give me the option to start watching from where I last stopped it like the old V+ box used to (this used to give the option to view from "start", "last viewed" or "end").  With the Tivo box I press play and it starts from the beginning again, this is quite annoying as I have to keep making a note of where I have got up to!  Does anyone know if I need to alter anything in my settings or is this just the way Tivo works?  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning to a partially watched recording on Tivo

TiVo and V6 both should resume from where you were in a recording by pressing the Play button while in My Shows.

The only exception is where you are close to the end of the recording (last five minutes?) when you previously stopped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nickygalea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Ernie_C.  Unfortunately this happens wherever I stop the programme, last night I wanted to resume playing a programme that I had stopped after 30 minutes (the programme was an hour long in total), so I am wondering if there is something wrong with my Tivo box.  When I press play in My Shows there is no option to resume, it just starts again from the beginning.  Thanks again.

Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi you obviously have a fault with the box, phone and go down the Tv faults route.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
nickygalea
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky, I'll do that.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What can occasionally happen is when you press OK on the show that you may hit the right hand arrow accidentally, which takes the option from Resume playing on to from beginning.
I use to do this all the time and was very annoying, until I worked it out 🙂

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
nickygalea
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Michael, that's very helpful, I will make sure I hit the right part of the button, they are quite close together so it's easily done!  Thanks again.

0 Kudos