Menu
Impius1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Returned equipment charge

Has anyone else had problems returning their equipment? I cancelled my account and received the return equipment packaging. I dropped the package off at CollectPlus on 16th August. I then went on holiday and started getting messages from Virgin threatening a £135 charge for unreturned equipment. I traced the parcel on the CollectPlus website and it wasn’t apparently still sitting at the drop off location. After getting back from holiday I rung virgin to advise that I had a tracking number m, that I had dropped the parcel off and that if CollectPlus have since mislaid or not delivered it - I couldn’t do anymore than I’ve already done. I also went to the CollectPlus location who said they didn’t have it. I kept getting reminders from Virgin about the charge so called again and this time the operator logged a complaint on my behalf to remove the charges on my account and issue the refund of £136 that was owed to me as account credit. Since then I have not received the refund and am continuing to get emails and texts about the charges needing to be paid. What else can I do when I’ve returned the equipment and cancelled my account. If the phone operator says they will sort it and then doesn’t what other options do I have?! I just want the texts and emails to stop and my money back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returned equipment charge

Morning Impius1989, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for your post 🙂

Sorry to hear of the trouble you've had surrounding the return of our equipment. 

If a refund has been issued this would be sent via cheque, which you should receive within 14 days.

Can you advise if it's passed this time frame since we said we would refund the charges?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Impius1989 wrote:

Has anyone else had problems returning their equipment? I cancelled my account and received the return equipment packaging. I dropped the package off at CollectPlus on 16th August. I then went on holiday and started getting messages from Virgin threatening a £135 charge for unreturned equipment. I traced the parcel on the CollectPlus website and it wasn’t apparently still sitting at the drop off location. After getting back from holiday I rung virgin to advise that I had a tracking number m, that I had dropped the parcel off and that if CollectPlus have since mislaid or not delivered it - I couldn’t do anymore than I’ve already done. I also went to the CollectPlus location who said they didn’t have it. I kept getting reminders from Virgin about the charge so called again and this time the operator logged a complaint on my behalf to remove the charges on my account and issue the refund of £136 that was owed to me as account credit. Since then I have not received the refund and am continuing to get emails and texts about the charges needing to be paid. What else can I do when I’ve returned the equipment and cancelled my account. If the phone operator says they will sort it and then doesn’t what other options do I have?! I just want the texts and emails to stop and my money back.

First off if the call centre staff member told you she was going to credit your account ? How can she credit an account you no longer have unless you have not received your final bill. The returning equipment saga is at epidemic pace on here I had a similar issue albeit I was not charged but after 3 attempts I did get the return pack and sent stuff back that day only to get an email one week later asking where my box was having told here where tracking details claimed the box was I also told her if I was charged that BB & Phone would go as well. Only thing to do is call 150 options 1 1 4 5 thinking of leaving us call as early as possible they open at 8am that way you might get UK call centre rather than overseas.Tell them you want to speak to a supervisor regarding you problem.

0 Kudos
Impius1989
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had to spend another hour and a half on the phone yesterday from abroad to hopefully rectify this - despite the operator last week saying it was all sorted. I was told yesterday the the lost equipment had not been removed from my account and that the cheque refund hadn’t been processed and sent as previously advised. I’ve now been told this has been done so I guess I have to wait again. Poor service when my account closed at the beginning of August and I have proof of taking the equipment to CollectPlus on the 16th August. Not to mention the stress of receiving daily text messages and emails threatening the equipment charge (and then advising the charge had been added to my account) and the hours spent on the phone trying to rectify it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Impius1989,

Sorry to hear of this. Let me sort this out for you via PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos