Menu
Fzrkev
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Retentions closed?

Its end of contract time. Child number 2 is due and time to re-negotiate. I tried to call retentions but it seems to be closed, yet the automated response says open 8am til 10pm. Its currently 19.33??? 

I'm on the VIP for £91pm. New customers are getting it for £89 and the average in my area seems to be about £90. Sky are offering pretty much everything for £78. I'd stay for the ease of it, but so far, the best is £99 plus £50 bill credit, yesterday. Dont really fancy paying more for th same package. Anyone had any dealings with retentions, and know why they seem to be unduly closed? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions closed?

You should take VIP at £99 with a £50 credit. That represents a good deal.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Go down to the lowest level on everything and then Virgin will make you an offer you can't refuse.  Whenever I reduce TV down to Player TV and broadband speed to lowest available within a month I get calls to upgrade on all the services.  And now I have 200mps BB, full house tv, sky sports and prem sports + unlimited uk calls.   I am a sucker for an offer...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Fzrkev wrote:

Its end of contract time. Child number 2 is due and time to re-negotiate. I tried to call retentions but it seems to be closed, yet the automated response says open 8am til 10pm. Its currently 19.33??? 

I'm on the VIP for £91pm. New customers are getting it for £89 and the average in my area seems to be about £90. Sky are offering pretty much everything for £78. I'd stay for the ease of it, but so far, the best is £99 plus £50 bill credit, yesterday. Dont really fancy paying more for th same package. Anyone had any dealings with retentions, and know why they seem to be unduly closed? 

Retentions are UK based & are only open six days a week.

You won't get new customer deals, as the industry regulator actively encourages providers to favour them in order to get people to switch regularly & make the figures look like competition is working

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

annorax
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@Fzrkev wrote:

Retentions are UK based & are only open six days a week.

You won't get new customer deals, as the industry regulator actively encourages providers to favour them in order to get people to switch regularly & make the figures look like competition is working

VM can give existing customers a better deal than they do to new customers. It happened to me last year when I asked for a deal for my Vivid 100 connection. 

I got my speed doubled and I also got a slight reduction in price and that meant I was paying £2.00 a month less for Vivid 200 than a new customer would have paid for the same speed. 

Fzrkev
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies guys. All sorted now. 

0 Kudos