cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Tivo box power supply

lemon63
Joining in

Hi, how do I go about requesting a new power supply for my VM tv box, it's been misplaced following a living room re-decoration.  The TV box is a 500gb Cisco - model CT 8620

thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid you will need to contact TV Faults to request a replacement power supply.

You can contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time. 

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc -  ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Forum Staff may pick this up for you, however it may take from a few days to a week.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid you will need to contact TV Faults to request a replacement power supply.

You can contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time. 

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc -  ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Forum Staff may pick this up for you, however it may take from a few days to a week.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ok thanks for the response Dave, I'll give them a ring

Due to the usual problems in trying to contact VM to send a replacement power supply think my best option is to search for a replacement via Ebay.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may just be me, but I'm not sure I'd trust power supply equipment from eBay and wouldn't personally advise this.

Given that electrics are involved here, I've escalated this to VM staff to respond and (hopefully) arrange this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Lemon63,

Thanks for using the forums to get this looked into, I am sorry you've had issues getting this sorted with the other teams!

I was able to find your services with the information on your forum profile and have asked the local Engineer team to post one out to you. 

I'll let you know if they come back to me with any issues. 

For now though, as a temporary fix you can also use Super Hub 2, Super Hub 2AC and Super Hub 3 power supplies in the mean time if you've got a cable from an old hub until you get the proper cable delivered. 

Thanks!

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

thanks for looking into this for me, I'll grateful if they can post one to me.

kind regards,

Mike

japitts

Thanks for prompting the VM staff and for the advice

kind regards,

Mike