Menu
FLS
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Removing a subscription channel - not possible on a Sunday.

Hi,

I want to remove a subscription channel (racing TV). There is no way to do this on the TV, on-line or via the call centre as it is not open today.

Please could someone from VM sort this out for me? When I called the call centre last year to request the same action they refused to do so without changing my overall package as it is a legacy one.

There are adverts for BT at the moment that show how easy it is to toggle subscriptions on and off - with VM it is almost impossible!

FLS

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing a subscription channel - not possible on a Sunday.

Hi FLS,

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of Cancel Racing TV  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 4 and 4 but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
FLS
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will try the text as I was not aware of that option.

Many thanks for replying Dave.

0 Kudos
FLS
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please can I ask for further assistance in trying to remove a subscription channel?

I tried to call 150 this morning and there was a recorded message saying it was a 45-50 minute wait.

I have tried to accomplish this via text, but I have been sent a form to complete password details that won't open on my phone and now I am getting no response (depsite providing my account number, name, postcode, bank sort code, date of last bill and bill amount) during the process.

I can't cancel the channel via the TV.

It cannot be cancelled on-line.

How is this possible when signing up requires one click and a PIN?

Every day I cannot cancel this service I am being billed for it. This must break FSA rules?

Last year this ended up being sorted out by someone on the phone in the UK as the call centre would not action it without upgrading my package - but I have not idea how I can arrange this again. Next year I will not subscribe to this channel using Virgin Media as it is too difficult to remove.

FLS

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post FLS.

Sadly we don't do package changes on the forum, but if you call the team and go through options 1, 4 then 4 or text on 0753 305 1809 the team can take a look into this for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos