Menu
Sophieking21
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Remove cables

I have a brown box which is all broken and exposing cables on the front on my house and a long loose brown cable. 

I'm not a virgin customer and having some work done in the front of the property. Am I able to remove this or have it removed? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove cables

No, its viewed as a utility and thus should be left available for any subsequent occupier of your premises. It should be made good though as if damages are to cables it could cause issues on the connection of your neighbours. You could call it in and report it on 0343 454 1111 or a VM staff person should pick this up on here within a week or so.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sophieking21, welcome to the community forums.

If you wish to have this repaired we can certainly look to arrange it for you.

Please get back to us when you can and we can get it booked for you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Sophieking21
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That would be good to be repaired as it doesn't look great and would be good to know it was safe etc. Please could you contact me to arrange. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Sophieking21 wrote:

That would be good to be repaired as it doesn't look great and would be good to know it was safe etc. Please could you contact me to arrange. Thank you 

You might have a slight problem there. VM won’t contact you unless you are a customer & have an account. It is also impossible to book a job to an address without a live account at that address.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Sophieking21, 

Thanks so much for your reply - we'll be more than happy to see what we can do to get this sorted out for you. 

Even though you are not a customer we still want our equipment to be safe and secure.  Whilst we may not be able to book an exact time with you - we can indeed contact the Area Manager to asses the situation. 

I have popped you a Private Message to take your address information and we'll go from there. Look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alma1984
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi tom,

i have the same problem at my property. Could I arrange for someone to fix or, preferably, remove mine please? 

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alma1984,

Thank you for your post.

Very sorry to hear you are having issues with the box. 

We will need some more details to get this looked into further for you.

I will PM you with the details we need, if you can reply to this message, we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos