cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of credit on a closed account

Loza1508
Joining in

I recently closed my account with yourselves and returned all equipment and can see a credit on my account. What do I need to do to get this refunded as you appear to be very difficult to contact. 

33 REPLIES 33

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

It gets sent out as a cheque.

I appreciate that maybe how they return funds but I want to start that process.

So many companies these days hold funds until the refund is requested but I can no longer access virgin as I'm no longer a customer and I honestly don't have the patience to be on hold for hours. An email address or a link to enable me to make the request would be fantastic 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By cancelling, you have already started the process and have no need to do anything further.

If your final bill is in credit due to charges you’ve previously paid in advance beyond your disconnection date, we’ll automatically send you a cheque for the full amount.”

This is a quote from:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Loza1508

Thanks for you post. 

Regarding the credit refund, This will be issued and sent out as a cheque around 30 days after the disconnection date. The remaining time is dependent on the speed of the postal company. 

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

Why do they send a cheque? Why not use the account details they took the subscription from. 

Also, shouldnt you get extra back if it's a cheque,  because they charge you more if you pay them that way if not using direct debit.

At the moment cheque is the only way re refund credit balances on Virgin Media accounts. Should you have any issues with receiving this please don't hesitate to get back to us here so we can look into it further.

Rob

I've still not received my credit refund cheque. Disconnect was early Oct 2019. Final bill stated a credit.

The refund cheque can take up to 45 days to arrive with you RobTheRump. Have you spoken to the team about this?

Regards

Steven_L

Funnily enough, I received the cheque the next day after messaging in here.  End of the story......thank god.