Menu
robbyell
Tuning in
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Increase for unwanted Fun Package

Except that page is almost unreadable, trumpeting me/us more rubbish I don't want.  I'm going to have a look at Freeview as I'm fed up of this.

0 Kudos
awr1946
Tuning in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

After complaining about this increase on this thread I went back to VM and changed to Mix TV, I confirmed that it wouldn’t affect my telephone plan.  They increased my broadband from 70 Mbps to 100 Mbps and reduced my overall bill from £67.45 per month to £63 per month.

It’s worth a free call to 150.

0 Kudos
toly
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I got the letter about upgrade to "Fun" package and the extra £3 on my bill about a week ago. When I googled to find what was in the "Fun" package, i.e what are the extra channels, I found  www.broadbandanalyst.co.uk/broadband-packages/virgin-media-fun-bundle/ which says that it has just been discontinued and I can't see it on the Virgin Media websit. Called 150 with option to remove a service and talked with the call centre who claimed that the "Fun" package was not discontinued. I asked about going to the "Mix" package but was told that I was already on the "Fun" package - perhaps because my latest bill had just been issued. I was also told that there would be no extra cost as my bill of £72.90 for the "Essential Collection" package was over some threshold. As the letter clearly states that there is a £3 increase I asked for written confirmation that my payments will not change. This should arrive in a week or so. I logged in to check my Virgin Media services and it does show me on the "Fun" TV package but when I click on the link to "Upgrades and Offers" it still shows me as being on the "M+" package. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi toly, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 
We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
patthecat
Tuning in
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for that Ben Mcr, I don't think anyone would find that info without your link.

Prior to getting the £3 increase letter I had an aggressive call from asia trying to get me to take the "fun" package at my current price without any mention of what was to come. I refused, mostly because the pushy "wise guy" attitude made me feel this was to reach his sales target and only for the benefit of VM, felt like I was being conned into something. I did ask if they can give me more for the same money why can't they give me the same for less money and was told this was not possible. Clearly this is not true , and more to the point VM hide this info away. I haven't yet found how you would actually navigate to Ben's page from the VM homepage.

Armed with that information I phoned the 0345 number, selected the "thinking of leaving" option, had a real 2 way conversation with someone in the UK  instead of being "talked at" and got changed to the mix package with a reduction from £63 to £55. (looks to me like mix = M+)

Am I right in thinking VM are the only fibre option now? I think i'd only miss the main HD channels, is there an alternative for these? (please god, not Sky)

cheers

Pat 

0 Kudos
patthecat
Tuning in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

ok, the link can be reached at the very bottom of the homepage , under Not a Customer -> TV-> Whats on Virgin TV.

Pat

0 Kudos
Tiggytoo
Joining in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have just phoned 150 (annoying - it repeated each option 4 times on each menu before accepting my choices) to advise that I do not want to upgrade to the Fun package as none of the additional 30 channels would be used. I was then told that it was a mistake and there would be no change to my current package. Not impressed! Several months ago I was told my phone needed a new cable installing outside, between the box in the next road and my house. They laid the cable but never came back to connect it to my phone.  I'm starting to lose faith in Virgin media - I'm no longer sure they know what they're doing!

0 Kudos
toly
Tuning in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

update: I was away for a while but did not received a letter to confirm what the call center told me. I called 150 again a couple of times and when I said I wanted to downgrade and not pay a £3 increase they told me that I would not have a £3 increase and should not have had the increase letter. The last time I was put thru to someone in the UK who looked at my package made some adjustments and I am now paying a few pounds LESS, keeping the Fun package, and an upgrade to broadband as 150mb was being discontinued. Thanks. I have been with Virgin Cable for over 8 years and perhaps I've been paying over the odds for my package.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey toly

Thanks for letting us know Smiley Happy

It sounds like you needed to rebundle your services and this nudge due to the M+ pack being removed gave you the option to improve the bundle and save money which is fab Smiley Very Happy

Take care

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos