Menu
ramzza
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Possible false advertising ? Monthly rolling contract

I currently has a Broadband package with phone line setup.
Vivid 200 (£37 a month - 12 month contract)

I always wanted to try the TV package, but due to financial constraints, I could commit to a bigger out going every month for 12 months.

On the 26/09/18 i saw an upgrade available, to have a TV service for an extra £10 a month (on a 1 month rolling contact basis), so i opted for this online. I just got my contact now, and it says i am commit for a 12 month contact for the TV package !!!
This is a joke, i cannot commit to a 12 month TV package, especially at an extra £10 a month (£47 in total). 
If i wanted a 12 month tv packages i would of got it initially at a cheaper price of £42.

Could someone please check what has happened.

I have called customer services/Sales, and they cant recall a 1 month rolling upgrade package, and are a complete waste of time, and have wasted hours on the phone to them.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible false advertising ? Monthly rolling contract

Try another call - to 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" – in business hours you usually get a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you will leave for Sky/BT because of this contract mistake problems and what do I need to do to leave - and they will try and sort it for you as it’s their job to keep customers.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ramzza
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you "jbrennand"

I will give this a try as soon as i can.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Personally, I doubt you would have been offered a rolling contract to add TV when you are still within the minimum period of an existing 12 month contract.

Do you have any proof of your assertion that you were, in fact, offered this or could you, perhaps, have misunderstood?

0 Kudos
ramzza
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

- There is always a possibility I misunderstood, i am sure i saw 1 month rolling.
                  Whenever I try to check the upgrades section again, it just says there is a problem with the website ...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you haven’t already, I would take up your option to cancel the upgrade and new contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

0 Kudos