Menu
TJH-L
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation / Mosaic-ing of TV images

What do you have to do to get someone to accept that you have a problem with your TV signal and probably your Broadband connection?

I have had terrible pixellation on the TV and was advised to reboot my TiVo box every week (REALLY?) After another few weeks of continued problems, an engineer was sent. Fiddle fiddle with the settings, replace a couple of cable patch leads behind the TV. All solved. Actually NO. It's no better.

No one has bothered to look at any of the physical installation outside the house (when it was installed, the coax was run in front of the doorstep and held in place with a beautifully sculpted fillet of cement - directly on the cable).

My broadband (albeit running on a different frequency, but in the same cable) gives me 30Mbps when I am apparently on a 200Mbps package.

I get the feeling that this is a case of computer says "no". We can find nothing wrong using our diagnostics, so there must be nothing wrong.

Something has changed in the last 6 months. Last year it was working fine, so something has changed with the equipment in the cabinet, or the cable to the house or the TiVo box itself.

Don't get me going about Hub 3.0 - that was a downgrade if ever there was one!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation / Mosaic-ing of TV images

Hi TJH- L, thanks for getting in touch.

I have ran some checks for your area and cannot see any reported problems so it does appear to be an issue at the property ( this could include the cables leading in to the property ).

Have you spoken to the team since your last post to us as it sounds like we need to arrange an engineer to investigate further?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
TJH-L
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, an engineer called and replaced the Box.

We still get pixellation, and I have recorded it.

6 months ago, I did not have a problem. Now I have.

A while back I was "upgraded" to a Hub3 and also, at the time, upgraded to 200MB broadband.

Even with a direct cable connection to the hub, all I can get on a good day is 50meg.

Regardless of what the computer says, I have a clear problem at this end. Are you able to check cable continuity (signal and screen) from cabinet to my installation?

KInd regards,

Terry.

0 Kudos
TJH-L
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So now we have no broadband (went off 10:30 on Thursday) and the system status is showing a number of TV service faults. I assume all this is totally unconnected with my problem of pixellation and Broadband speeds which I could get with a twisted pair?

What's the arrangement with compensation for loss of service? I cannot work from home (the works phone, which I am trying to use to reply here is pathetic), I cannot use Netflix, which I am also paying for, I cannot run my club.

I opted for text updates yesterday. Is that not working either? I have not heard a dickie-bird yet the status was updated to say the fix would be completed noon today (as it did say noon yesterday).

Not impressed. Not impressed at all.
Seriously thinking about moving. BT Superfast is in the area with an average speed equal to what I am getting with you, when apparently I am on a 200MB connection.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the service issues you're having TJH-L and any inconvenience this has caused. 

We would like to take a closer look in to this for you and advise more on the fault in the area. 

We can then look at the area to check if additional visits needed to see this resolved. 

We never expect you to pay for when the services are down and without service. We can ensure you're credited back for loss of service you've had. All credits are given as per our guidelines 

If you can reply, to the following private message I'll send I can get back in contact with more details. 

Thank you 

Jen Y  

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos